Range Rover Velar Forum banner

detail and photo shoot. 18 pics.

8K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  andrewhargreaves 
#1 ·
Every time I get a new car I'll give it a proper detailing, go for a drive and take a bunch of photos. I've washed my Corris Grey Velar twice. The first time I applied Autoglym HD wax and this second time I only put on some Autoglym quick detailer after drying it, and some poor boy glaze on the black window pillars.

Camera: Canon 1dx MkII. Lens: EF 24-70mm f/2.8 USM. I only adjusted highlights or shadows, and contrast. I just wanted to capture all those design details and how all the shapes work together, and work with the light available. And there happened to be a conveniently placed puddle or two.

Post 1 of 2 (10 upload max per post apparently)

View attachment 339

Wheel Tire Automotive carrying rack Vehicle Car

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Range rover evoque

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Grille

Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Automotive tire

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice photography. For me though, the measure of a beautiful car is not whether it looks good when its clean but when its dirty. Very few achieve this. I have the exact same car as you, and I can tell you it looks spectacular too covered in dust and dirt. Where I come from we don't tart up our cars except for a quick visit occasionally to the car wash. So, I can tell you, the Velar looks spectacular either way.

#15 ·
mavg1986 said:
by the way, love how clean it looks without the front plates, really nice indeed

And America makes me chuckle - the Velar parked on a "compact" parking space....in the UK compact is a VW Polo of Golf :)
The front plate is actually mandatory but many people go without and chance getting a ticket. I've received one ticket in 19 years so I don't mind taking the risk to keep it clean looking. I've actually received speeding tickets and the police officers don't even notice. When you pick up a vehicle you usually have to sign a waiver since the dealers are supposed to mount the bracket for you.

The "compact" space thing is a weird one. I look for a space not labeled compact when possible but sometimes all there is left is compact spaces. And with the explosive growth in SUV's and crossovers compact cars are probably outnumbered where I live. Furthermore, the Velar and my old Sport are probably the same width as regular cars like an Audi A4 for example. Cars and SUV's are all getting bigger but the parking spot widths have not changed. Sometimes you'll see a Ford F150 pickup truck or Suburban in a compact spot and the tires are touching both line markings. Some SUV's are massive in comparison to Range Rovers. A few people might just be lazy or don't care but it's usually because it's all that is left. It's still better than taking up two parking spaces which might get you a nasty note on your windshield or even worse.

#18 ·
mm767cap said:
Great pics at SFO!!! I'm a pilot based there. You confirmed I made the right color choice for me order. Looks perfect
Sweet! You will like how the corris grey, black, silver and red all work well together. Yes you guessed it... SFO International parking. It was nice and empty. Enjoy your new Velar!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.