Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 velar rear door handle will not retract after locking with key from outside.

It will lock but not retract.

Any ideas? Tnx.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine stays out sporadically, I normally unlock again, open the door, close the door and try again. Sometimes works sometimes doesnt. It eventually closes when it feels like it. Had her serviced yesterday so a new part is on order!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll try. The good thing is that it stays locked.
If you would when you get it fixed can you tell me what they have done?
Our dealer's service department at $150 an hour is awful. They didn't have a clue when I explained the problem.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The drivers side (right) rear door handle often stayed out on our 2019 Velar. My Code Reader showed a 'short to ground' on that door handle. When a JLR technician reviewed my report that the door handle was not retracting correctly (I did not mention my Code Reader) the technician reported 'could not duplicate that problem'. It would seem they did not bother to connect to the OBD Port where they could have seen what I saw. However that problem now only happens off and on so I put up with it. Sometimes I push the handle in, sometimes if comes in when I hit a bump. One concern I have is that when JLR connect their equipment to the OBD Port I understand the CCF (Car Configuration File ie. the As Built File) is downloaded as an 'As Is File', then when they have finished looking the file is loaded back into the car. In my case JLR tell me that file was corrupted when it was loaded back into the car, leading to some of the As Built features no longer working. That turned out to be a real pain to sort out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts