Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Velar R-Dynamic SE D200 2022 Habuka Silver
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

We've put an order in for our Velar a few days ago but debating on the interior colour choice and whether we should consider changing it.

Anyone who has already got theirs, how does it hold up in light oyster? And anyone who has ordered light oyster, are you not concerned over it becomming dirty?

We've found pictures online of interiors that we love, but it seems the light oyster is a different shade/colour to what we seem to like. It's as though the pictures we've found are more whiter than the light oyster when on the velar build on JLR site.

The picture attached is the interior we we're hoping to find. Is this light oyster or something that is no longer available? Hoping it's the light oyster.

Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Motor vehicle

·
Registered
111 Posts
ITs light Oyster exactly as i ordered but they probably used a bright flasjh on that picture as its brighter than in reality

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!

We've ordered Hakuba silver but without the black contrast roof, so we've just this minute sent an email to add the black contrast roof and change the seats to light oyster.

Read on here that if you've got a bright colour that the black contrast roof is a good option.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Light oyster is stunning, just takes a little more care to keep clean. Regular wipes with leather cleaner and cream will keep it looking great. Had it on all my previous cars and ordered again for the Velar.

·
Registered
69 Posts

We've ordered Hakuba silver but without the black contrast roof, so we've just this minute sent an email to add the black contrast roof and change the seats to light oyster.

Read on here that if you've got a bright colour that the black contrast roof is a good option.
I love the black roof on cars. I had it on an XC40 as standard and think it just adds to the car. Even when I debated the pretty dark carpathian grey I was going to go with a black roof

·
Registered
69 Posts

Just bear in mind the picture you’ve put is oyster/black not just oyster. That has light colour dash top and booster etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, cheers guys.

Sent an email off to my dealer to arrange the changes. Light oyster with ebony black sides, along with black contrast roof.

I can't imagine after ordering on the 9th November is being an issue making these changes?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

We've put an order in for our Velar a few days ago but debating on the interior colour choice and whether we should consider changing it.

Anyone who has already got theirs, how does it hold up in light oyster? And anyone who has ordered light oyster, are you not concerned over it becomming dirty?

We've found pictures online of interiors that we love, but it seems the light oyster is a different shade/colour to what we seem to like. It's as though the pictures we've found are more whiter than the light oyster when on the velar build on JLR site.

The picture attached is the interior we we're hoping to find. Is this light oyster or something that is no longer available? Hoping it's the light oyster.

View attachment 5112
I will only comment on what I’ve seen on used ones. Before ordering I looked at used approved ones and the thing that all of the Oyster ones always had in common was how tired the leather looked. I have a BMW also with oyster and the leather just seems to be more hard wearing. JLR leather just doesn’t seem to age very well, needs cleaning at least once or twice a week if it’s to survive longer than 10k. Went with black because of this.

·
Registered
MY21 R-Dynamic SE Edition (Nov 2021)
37 Posts
I ordered light oyster. It’s definitely more of a cream colour than white. My brother has an Evoque and his is most certainly a white leather. I have the leather wipes recommended on this forum. Just going to regularly use them to keep on top of any dirt. It looks amazing though and I’m so glad I didn’t go for the ebony. I have the premium cabin lighting which is the ambient lighting and it looks great with that.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Car seat cover

Car Vehicle Steering wheel Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Automotive design

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi all,

I think the picture you had was of textile seats, rather than leather. I went with the light oyster / ebony and think it really suits the car. I also went with extended leather which brings more of the light oyster leather. I had my car ceramic coated by a detailer and they also coated the seats - I haven’t cleaned the seats in 6 months and they still look brand new. I don’t know whether it was the protection or is normal, but even after 6 months the car still smells of new leather ! My previous new Merc’s and a BMW hardly smelt of new leather on pick up, never mind after 6 months.

I am sure you’ll be very happy with your choice of interior when you get the car

·
Registered
111 Posts
I also have ordered light oyster comes with grey side strips looks stunning. And I ordered black roof. Buzzing as mine is due 10th Dec

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just been accepted to make the changes.

Got the light oyster with black trim on the sides of the seats, kept the interior headlining as ebony as personal preference. Black contrast roof as well. Beauty is I save 20% on any extras I add, so it wasn't too much extra to add!

Thanks for the pictures posted, I've got ambient lighting also added and the illuminated r-dynamic sills 🤘

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just been accepted to make the changes.

Got the light oyster with black trim on the sides of the seats, kept the interior headlining as ebony as personal preference. Black contrast roof as well. Beauty is I save 20% on any extras I add, so it wasn't too much extra to add!

Thanks for the pictures posted, I've got ambient lighting also added and the illuminated r-dynamic sills 🤘
Me to i have ordered Ambiant configerable lighting also and the ebony heading so so nice

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah got me quite excited now that I've made these changes. Noticed on the new VISTA they've sent me, it still have ebony perforated seating, good job I spotted it, as they actually hadn't changed it, apparently I had to select perforated steering wheel as well and not have full leather steering wheel. Keeping me on my toes making sure it's all ordered correctly!

Glad I kept the ebony headlining, I reckon the the lighting and black lining will come out quite nice!

MY22 with at least 6 months lead time, so I reckon I wont be seeing mine until at least May/June 2022.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice, in my previous Velar I had the Oyster/Ebony Split Leather and Oyster Headliner, it looked amazing.
I’ve gone for the same… I tried to convince my Mrs to go for the Tan/Ebony split but she wasn’t having it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive got Acorn leather in my Black with Black pack Velar. I didnt want black leather and i was a little apprehensive with light oyster. Acorn looks beautiful against black but it would look great with any colour really imo.

Reactions: JDPRRUK
1 - 20 of 20 Posts