Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm getting a P380 SE with Corris Grey, black roof, 22" wheels. :cool:
I'm still not sure on the interior though. I'm thinking of getting the Eclipse interior choice (yes, the blue and black mix), but I haven't seen any pictures of it other than the ones provided in the configurator.
So, did anyone get a Velar with this interior? Or at least have pictures of it other than the ones on the website?

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you're worried about getting sick of the blue; dont be. I've bought two Porsches with yachting blue interiors (similar to this) and I ordered my Velar with the blue as well. I love it so much. It's sporty like the red, but it's more modern and sophisticated imo.

·
Registered
126 Posts
fingers crossed the Eclipse is a winner! After having an all black interior in the Evoque I wanted something different and also had oyster white in my A5 and my jeans left a nice a shade of blue on them after only 3 months of use so that was not an option. Also with a messy 4 year old and an even messier dog I had to stick with a dark colour and the blue looks like it will be ok. Also with the byron blue exterior i'm hoping it will work?! here's the Eclipse swatch from the dealership.

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
BLAM said:
Always had red, this will be my first blue. Very excited.
Have you heard anything from your dealer? JLR of Dallas hasn't given me any info beyond my original delivery estimate. At one point they said end of July, but we all know that was a mistake with the system. I assume my car is just sitting at the port in Houston until it's released to the dealer in Sept. I'm not in a massive hurry so I haven't bugged them much..but I am curious what others in my region are hearing.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've been following up periodically with my dealer. My date has not changed according to him. He screwed up my original order option so my date got pushed out until November. I find the dealer is quite incompetent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KRG said:
If you're worried about getting sick of the blue; dont be. I've bought two Porsches with yachting blue interiors (similar to this) and I ordered my Velar with the blue as well. I love it so much. It's sporty like the red, but it's more modern and sophisticated imo.
Yeah, that was one of my concerns; that it would look cool at first, but I will regret it 2 years down the road. It is indeed modern, and it makes the car more unique imo!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dodge1201 said:
fingers crossed the Eclipse is a winner! After having an all black interior in the Evoque I wanted something different and also had oyster white in my A5 and my jeans left a nice a shade of blue on them after only 3 months of use so that was not an option. Also with a messy 4 year old and an even messier dog I had to stick with a dark colour and the blue looks like it will be ok. Also with the byron blue exterior i'm hoping it will work?! here's the Eclipse swatch from the dealership.
Smart choice! Do show us some pictures when you park that beauty in the garage! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello!

A few questions on the Eclipse Blue / Ebony Suede Interior:

Does it make the car look dark or small inside"?
Has this been a good choice so far?
Any Advantages / Disadvantages / Suggestions / Regrets?
Has it lasted well and still looks fresh?
Saw some comments in other topics where people said it looked Shiny and Worn Out?

Thanks!

KRG said:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any thoughts on the blue interior following after a few months on?

Veelar said:
KRG said:
Yeah, that was one of my concerns; that it would look cool at first, but I will regret it 2 years down the road. It is indeed modern, and it makes the car more unique imo!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi All,

I was initially fixated on a Kaikoura Stone Exterior with the Oyster Leather / Ebony Suede Interior and a sliding panoramic roof which meant that I had to factory order the car and wait weeks/months.

I have now found a built car in stock at a dealer which I can get immediately - it's in Silicon Silver with the Eclipse Blue / Ebony Suede Interior (and has the sliding panoramic roof).

Personally I'm really interested in the uniqueness and sportiness of the blue interior as most luxury cars have light/beige interiors but this is an important decision as that's where we actually spend our time!

I searched the word 'Eclipse' and read dozens of topics with hundreds of posts looking at all the pictures I could find but still really concerned about making the wrong choice.

Haven't seen an Eclipse Blue / Ebony Suede Interior in real life and been advised that "Expensive Luxury Cars should have light colour leather interiors" and that "The Blue Interior with Ebony Headlining will make the car look dark and small inside"?

Has this been a good choice for you all?

Has the Matt lasted well and still looks fresh or become Shiny and Worn Out?

Thank You :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Mr. Singh said:
Hello!

Saw some comments in other topics where people said it looked Shiny and Worn Out?
-I don't find the interior dark/small. I have the Eclipse/Black with a black headliner. It feels sporty, but not small. The lighter headliner feels more open but I prefer the black.

-It's been a fantastic choice. I love it.

-No disadvantages. It's my favorite interior choice with no close seconds.

-Mine seems durable. It still looks new and the leather has not become shiny.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
88 Posts
KRG said:
Mr. Singh said:
Hello!

-I don't find the interior dark/small. I have the Eclipse/Black with a black headliner. It feels sporty, but not small. The lighter headliner feels more open but I prefer the black.

-It's been a fantastic choice. I love it.

-No disadvantages. It's my favorite interior choice with no close seconds.

-Mine seems durable. It still looks new and the leather has not become shiny.

Hope that helps!
Thanks a ton for the reply - really useful! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts