Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Range Rover Velar made a spectacular US debut with an exclusive live online performance from Ellie Goulding. The chart-topping singer's New York show precedes a charity auction of the hotly anticipated new mid-size SUV at the East Side House Settlement Annual Gala later this week.

Goulding brought a touch of British glamour to the Velar's US launch party when she arrived in Manhattan - the Metropolitan home of Range Rover - to be the first person to drive the new Velar and to sing for a global online audience. Her performance of 'Love Me Like You Do' opened the reveal event and was shown live on her Facebook page.

Ellie said: "I have always been a big Range Rover fan and it was a pleasure to be a part of its launch here in the US. Even more rewarding to be supporting a local charity that improves over 10,000 lives every year in one of my favourite cities."

A Range Rover Velar will be auctioned at the East Side House Settlement charity gala, a preview of the 2017 New York International Auto Show, at the Jacob Javits Center on Thursday 13 April. The winning bidder will be among the first customers in the world to take delivery of the highly coveted new vehicle. New York remains the world's biggest Range Rover market.

Proceeds from the gala will benefit the East Side House Settlement, a non-profit organisation providing education and social services in the Bronx and north Manhattan.

Designed to fill the white space between the Range Rover Evoque and the Range Rover Sport, Velar brings unprecedented glamour, modernity and elegance to the Range Rover family. A vehicle that has emotionally charged DNA and unquestionable pedigree, it's the first of its kind.

Gerry McGovern, Land Rover Chief Design Officer, said: "Velar is now the compelling, stand-out design in the class, showcasing perfectly optimised volume, powerful, taut surfaces and a stunning silhouette."

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the info, VelarMan! But BOO!!! £5.5K! Can't say I am finding choosing a colour easy. Its grey, grey, or grey....... Do you happen to know......is the silicon silver like the Porsche Agate Grey?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My current car is white metallic. And I have already had a red evoque when they first came out so need something different. Does anyone know what the colour is of the car in all of the promotional photos of it......on the landrover site? It has reg 130 UYP......think its probably silicon silver

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's really weird. I looked at the small sample inside and outside the showroom today (photo attached.....I think) and I defo can't see any green in it. The sample in the photo looks reasonably like the images on the website. There wasn't a car in Silicon Silver there.....I think I am going to have to track one down...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I want to my dealer today who had a silicon silver disco sport in the showroom. I don't see green, I have to say, but it most certainly didn't look silver or even grey in the showroom..... and is defo not for me. I think I am going to stick with my original choice of Carpathian Grey with black roof!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts