Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

EML light came on yesterday - Land Rover Assist have been out to diagnose and it's an issue with the electric chargecooler water pump - either the pump or a wiring issue. Booked in to dealer to sort under warranty as it's not a roadside fix with coolant drain needed. Car is a 2019 Velar 240D with just under 17,000 miles. Advised by the LR assist technician that it's fine to drive until my booked appointment (Nov 16th!! local dealer are 4 technicians short) , unless the EML light goes red, especially now that the weather is cooler. Apparently it's only an hour or so to change the part out, which they will preorder.

No overly worried, just interested as to whether it's a common issue?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So just me then?.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
I searched this Forum for "Chargecooler" and it only showed your enquiry. Maybe others who haven't looked in for a while (or left) have experienced this problem?
I guess you'll have already done searches but I did a Google and nothing much Velar-related (other than this thread) appeared. Some old TDi things popped up from years ago.
Obviously there could be many who have had this problem but aren't Forum members.

It would seem that it's not a common problem but I wish you all the best in getting it fixed and never happening again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - I searched and Googled before posting - the EML light went off after 5 restarts and then came on again today - as expected as per advice from LR Assist - it should be a simple pump change (service manual quotes around an hour) - booked in for Nov 16th...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So by way of an update my chargecooler electric water pump was replaced yesterday under warranty - the part was pre-ordered and all went to plan. Car returned clean and shiny inside and out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts