Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just stopped by the dealer again (I'm not obsessed, it's near my gym) and I noticed that my Velar was one of only two there that had the extended leather interior. I saw a loaded P380 HSE that was $90,000 and STILL had the base interior with all-plastic dash. Also saw one with the wool interior which looked very unique and nice, but that option is stuck with the base plastic dash as well, which kind of ruins it. They should've finished the dash in a stitched leatherette, not molded plastic. I find it strange that dealers aren't spec'ing the extended leather option. The base interior is way too cheap feeling for an $80-90k vehicle to be honest. It's still very nice, and perfectly fine for the lower priced models, but not for the price most of these are going for. I was also surprised by the top part of the dash. I knew it was plastic but I expected it to be plush soft plastic all over. The instrument hood is hard scratchy plastic unless you opt for full leather. Very stupid for this class of car! Luckily I spec'd the extended leather which dresses up the interior very nicely, I was very pleased. The instrument hood is something I'll never touch anyway, so it doesn't matter, but was still surprising.

This was the first time I had seen my car in the flesh, in daylight...I had only previously seen it through a window in the evening. Minor interior complaints aside, I am in love with it. Can't wait to bring it home this week!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I agree as have searched the country for available dealer stock and not one Rdynamic SE had extended or full leather option. They pretty much all added air suspension, sunroof, privacy glass is Etc but not many interior options if any. I'm guessing they just think a decent looking exterior will be enough to sell the car and their probably not wrong! I'm pretty sure once we have our cars and the dog is making a mess in the boot and the 4 year old is screeming and crushing crisps into her seat that we won't care about all the options and will just accept the car as part of daily life albeit a slightly better life as a velar owner!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I agree, I went for full extended leather on my SE, which I'm very happy with. Price wise though, extended leather is well worth it, while full extended leather is expensive for what it offers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi all, I've ordered a D240 SE in corris grey with acorn leather. After reading this thread I think I may add extended leather (seems that's a worthwhile option to have and perhaps better value than the full extended leather?).

As far as I can tell the extended leather includes the door tops and dash, whereas the full extended also includes more bits like the lower doors and the instrument console?! I haven't reached my lock in date yet so the dealer said I still have time to change.

Also, had anyone seen Acorn leather in real life? I chose it as I thought it may be more practical than the lighter one.

Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
cianelectric said:
Hi all, I've ordered a D240 SE in corris grey with acorn leather. After reading this thread I think I may add extended leather (seems that's a worthwhile option to have and perhaps better value than the full extended leather?).

As far as I can tell the extended leather includes the door tops and dash, whereas the full extended also includes more bits like the lower doors and the instrument console?! I haven't reached my lock in date yet so the dealer said I still have time to change.

Also, had anyone seen Acorn leather in real life? I chose it as I thought it may be more practical than the lighter one.

Thanks
Extended leather does not do the door tops, this is part of the full leather upgrade (along with the top of the dash and top of the instrument console)

None of the leather options does the lower doors as far as I'm aware.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right. Extended leather covers the mid-dash and the door panels, the full leather adds the door tops and dash top. All Velars have Hyundai quality hard plastic lower dash and door panels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts