Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have a 65 plate Discovery HSE and hopefully soon moving to a Velar. I'm looking for any feedback on this motor dealer. I brought my car from them and I have had nothing but issues.
They put my private plates on the car but actually registered it in the DVLA number plate so I was driving around illegally for over a week.
Fobbed me off when I had a fault and told me to go to landrover Assist
Left my battery cable off when they did get the car in
Told me they fixed my car but they actually just turned off my easy access mode
Made me crawl through the stock room to find my car mats (which I had to chase for weeks)
Booked me in for a fault diagnosis but got the days wrong so didn't turn up to swap me into a loan car
Can't fix my faulty seats
Can't recognise the poor service and have done notg Not to help
They got JLR to do all the hard work by talking through the issues
Their head of business called me and addressed the call with "hi buddy, how can I help" after several previous mails to their CEO!
They offered to by my car back at trade so they will be able to assess any fault and fix it so there is no loss of profit for them (they will put it on the forecourt for more than they offered me)

Really has experiences and others have had it too reading Twitter and trust pilot .

Want rover feedback on here to make sure people are aware of the shoddy service.

Follow me on twitter and help push the awareness- I'm @simonsirrah

Look forward to hearing the news

·
Registered
125 Posts
Screw them for every minute of your trouble and embarrass them publicly and in the strongest terms. These people are third rate salary journey-men with absolutely no idea how it is that people come to be able to afford the cars they sell, hence their "buddy buddy" attitude.

Im heading the same way with my Devon dealer. Deposit paid 3 weeks BEFORE the announcement of the Velar back in February. No1 client for this dealer; First Edition ordered. STILL no request to confirm my spec; no build or delivery date. Nada!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah the drastic difference in the attitude of car salesman in England versus America is dramatic. Just moving to London and popped into the closest Land Rover which happened to be Stratstone of Mayfair. Absolutely didn't care if I ordered a car or not, couldn't be bothered to even email me what he had on the Velar and this was the end of April. Even mentioned that they had 40 deposits for the Velar. So took my business to another dealership Guy Salmon Ascot after endlessly calling around and Guy Salmon Ascot being the most helpful. Called every dealership within London and outside but 99 percent of them couldn't tell me anything on the Velar or didn't sound like they could be bothered to help me. Doesn't matter if it was an hour away, gives me a chance to start the break in process :lol:

·
Registered
171 Posts
It is sad and embarrassing that these dealers can have such a bad attitude when your spending a lot of money, if i was the CEO of those dealers those working for me with this sort of attitude would not be working for long.

Shame as i am sure there are dealers out there who would appreciate your business.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello Sirrah,

Thanks for sharing your experience - I've been to 2 of their Dealerships (Wolverhampton/Birmingham) and might buy from them.

What was the Handover process like and did you got lots of extras/freebies like some other people on this forum?

Were they patient with you during the Handover process and explained everything to you thoroughly?

Which dealer location did you have this experience with and has it been resolved?

Thanks!

sirrah4941 said:
Hi all
I have a 65 plate Discovery HSE and hopefully soon moving to a Velar. I'm looking for any feedback on this motor dealer. I brought my car from them and I have had nothing but issues.
They put my private plates on the car but actually registered it in the DVLA number plate so I was driving around illegally for over a week.
Fobbed me off when I had a fault and told me to go to landrover Assist
Left my battery cable off when they did get the car in
Told me they fixed my car but they actually just turned off my easy access mode
Made me crawl through the stock room to find my car mats (which I had to chase for weeks)
Booked me in for a fault diagnosis but got the days wrong so didn't turn up to swap me into a loan car
Can't fix my faulty seats
Can't recognise the poor service and have done notg Not to help
They got JLR to do all the hard work by talking through the issues
Their head of business called me and addressed the call with "hi buddy, how can I help" after several previous mails to their CEO!
They offered to by my car back at trade so they will be able to assess any fault and fix it so there is no loss of profit for them (they will put it on the forecourt for more than they offered me)

Really has experiences and others have had it too reading Twitter and trust pilot .

Want rover feedback on here to make sure people are aware of the shoddy service.

Follow me on twitter and help push the awareness- I'm @simonsirrah

Look forward to hearing the news

1 - 6 of 6 Posts