Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking for some information. I bought my Velar FE at the beginning of September on a PCP finance arrangement. At the time of purchase I was told there would be no deals available on the Velar for around 3 years. After looking at Range Rover website tonight not only in there a finance contribution now available but also the APR is now significantly reduced. Do you know if I have any comeback on my deal? Just feel as thought i have been ripped off.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Davie I've had a look on the website and can't see the contribution or APR listed where did you find that? I can only see 5.9% APR examples.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Be interested to know too... my dealer said if a deal came out before delivery and after my order they would honour it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
helipilot said:
Davie I've had a look on the website and can't see the contribution or APR listed where did you find that? I can only see 5.9% APR examples.
It used to be 6.7% APR and now there offering £500 finance contribution now. With that drop in APR I'm now getting a D240 HSE when originally I was getting SE, my monthly payments have dropped whilst my deposit has remained the same. I can see why the OP wants to look into it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
From memory they had higher deposit contributions during black friday- starting to see some discounts now as well so well worth negotiating especially if you can get a better version for the same money

·
Registered
201 Posts
interesting read, thanks for posting

My opinion is that they good it wrong on the marketing with "the gap between evoque and rrs" - should have been "the amazing range rover coupe"

It would have had a 18 months queue for it - I guess the alternative are discounts

At some point about 8-9 months ago my dealer said JLR were looking to ask every buyer to sign an agreement not to sell the car in the first six months, to avoid people buying and selling at a premium - man, did that go the wrong way!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I managed to get a 9.5% discount on a D300 HSE Dynamic two weeks ago. I was looking at a Discovery, which I would have been happy with, but looking at the beeter residual values on the Velar it was work a look. I think because the salesman didn't have me over a barrel, and that it was sales figures week for the dealership, I got a decent deal.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I went to my dealer today and there was only one Velar on display (and a horrible build at that). It was a bit depressing tbh I really think they are struggling to shift these.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I must be lucky... got a 3.5% APR on mine! Maybe it's the 'States? I know I have excellent credit but not enough to have half the rate of others IMO

·
Registered
727 Posts
:D seems like a lot more of you are speaking my language now.....I saw this coming so cashed in on time thankfully!! My dealer has still not been able to sell my First edition and they have had it since October!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
velofixed said:
I went to my dealer today and there was only one Velar on display (and a horrible build at that). It was a bit depressing tbh I really think they are struggling to shift these.
Hmm that seems like reverse logic. If they had a LOT of Velars at the dealership I would think they were struggling. Not if they only had one that wasn't a nice spec. Just a thought. Anyway the public sales numbers have shown that it's not a sales disaster by any stretch. Outselling the Macan if only for a month or two is pretty significant. Yes this is a new model and yes there is a new Macan on the way, but the Macan is a big hit for Porsche.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.