Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While driving the low-mounted touchscreen went black. Pulling over and restarting the engine did not help. The high-mounted touchscreen froze.

While troubleshooting I remembered I inserted an USB stick to upload the music content, removing the USB stick and restarting the engine again solved the problem.

Clearly the software/firmware stumbled over the upload action (while driving).

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a feeling this is something many of us will be experiencing from time to time. How do you find the responsiveness of the system during normal operation?

·
Registered
171 Posts
mth75 said:
Yes. Also slow, (very slow and actually the worst), are the steering control pads.
OK that's not good, had the same issue on the Fpace system when new, upgrades have improved this on the Fpace, I was of the understanding that the system on the Velar was Panasonic and not the same as the Fpace system which does not sound correct as it sounds like the Fpace issue when new is on the Velar.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BLAM said:
The touch screen lag is real bummer.
Well, i'm hopeful that updates will solve some lagging issues. The real bummer is the very slow touch steering wheel controls, frankly, they are not that usable while driving at least. But, impressions can be different between persons.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm confused by the unresponsive steering wheel controls. From videos I've seen, these are actually buttons that physically move, not simply software buttons like on the center stack. Not sure why they'd be problematic.

·
Registered
534 Posts
OZ_Velar said:
thats all surprising as all the reviews said how quick the touch screen was to use and that it isn't laggy
It does have a good amount of memory. It shouldn't be laggy..at least not because of hardware limitations. I'm sure the software will catch up over time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KRG said:
I'm confused by the unresponsive steering wheel controls. From videos I've seen, these are actually buttons that physically move, not simply software buttons like on the center stack. Not sure why they'd be problematic.
The response from the Dash TFT is slow, very slow.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Yeah, that's definitely not right. All my cars have had instantaneous response from steering wheel controls and I'd expect no less in this car.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mth75 said:
BLAM said:
The touch screen lag is real bummer.
Well, i'm hopeful that updates will solve some lagging issues. The real bummer is the very slow touch steering wheel controls, frankly, they are not that usable while driving at least. But, impressions can be different between persons.
I'll try the demo car tomorrow and see if this has a similar issue.

·
Registered
171 Posts
KRG said:
Yeah, that's definitely not right. All my cars have had instantaneous response from steering wheel controls and I'd expect no less in this car.
I hope your right but coming from a JLR Fpace I know how the issues on the Fpace have been since my ownership of over 12 months so I would not be surprised.

·
Registered
171 Posts
OK had my demo and pleased to say I had no issues, the top touch screen was responsive and the steering wheel control worked without issue, even the spinning your finger in a clock wise or anti-clock wise direction to decrease and increase the sound on the steering wheel worked without issue.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.