Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It finally happened, while driving I heard a loud bang somewhere from the rear.

The dashboard showed the "air suspension" defect warning. I was only a few miles from home. While parking one could hear compressed air venting out of the system.

This problem is most likely a hard defect (mechanical)...a real bummer.

·
Registered
421 Posts
There has been a land rover topix bulletin on this.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Had the same! No loud bang but compressor failed. Maybe computer picked up the fault before it blew! A few new parts and now all sorted. Dealt with very well by my dealer, even if it was the first one they had had in the service depo. I feel there may be a few more soon!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone know when this TOPIX was noted? We've got a car we are picking up this Wednesday. Only built a few weeks ago.
Be nice to know it was something they were aware of during the build.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
The other day, as I was going around a roundabout on a local journey, not particularly quickly, I get a loud bang from the rear of the vehicle and the 'air suspension' yellow warning comes on. Some of the other features like being able to change driving mode, ACC and AEB are also disabled....

Actually, the vehicle drives okay, so I just go home for the evening.

Next day I call the Assist number, and within an hour there is a Land Rover technician in my drive. He knows exactly what the fault is - a broken air hose elbow which is very close to the vehicle body as it emerges from the compressor module. He proceeds to extract the compressor module from the boot area under the spare wheel, and replaces a small black plastic cylinder inside it, which comes with a new elbow (from a spare he carries on board his van).

This works perfectly, all the warnings self clear and we are off as normal again.

The technician reckons its an assembly line issue, where the elbow gets knocked when the compressor is fitted in place, I can certainly see how that might happen.

From call to warranty fix was about 2 hours total, so I am reasonably impressed.

Simon
~~~~~~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.