Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,
Just wondered what you guys think to the potential to either sell the car on straight away or after 5-10k miles for a small profit? I've never done that before but heard a few people have and the F Pace's are on auto trader as beat the waiting list.
Is anyone thinking of doing this? What is the potential profit do you think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think it depends on if you want to chance it.

I remember back when the Evoque was launched and we had 9-12 month waiting times, it was excrutiating.

There were plenty of pre-ordered cars on sale if you looked at Pistonheads classifieds and Autotrader, where smaller non LR dealers were selling Evoques for a Premium, some were actual cars and some were build slots. The only problem seemed to be finding a car that came remotely close to how you would spec your order.

I considered it and gave up and sat out the wait.

Not everyone is so fussy, so I guess there's an opportunity if you want to go down that route.

Isn't that how Tom Hartley made his millions?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have car number 1 from my dealership and have been asked to sign a disclaimer agreement which prohibits me selling the car for the first 6 months! Not sure of the ramifications if I do as I don't see how something like this can be plausible! What if I have to sell it for some reason!?!?

Either way I'm buying to keep it for at least a year so a non issue for me :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.