Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

so here is the deal: I'm located in Zurich Switzerland and I've ordered a FE P380 in Flux Silver in March of this year. Was told that I'd get the car at the same time as the car dealers. Well, the car dealer has a couple of beautiful FE in Corris grey and Silicon grey at hand in his shop, but none of the Flux Silver ones. The reason? The Flux Silver cars are built in January '18, which means that my car's delivery would, or lets say should, be in February '18.

Now, they let me have a FE over this week end, to test drive it. And as I expected, I love it. All of it. And, actually, after comparing the P380 to the D300 (yesterday morning), to my greatest astonishment, I prefer the driving dynamics of the D300. Why? Because the Velar is not a racing sports car that you'd wanna race over the swiss mountain alpine passes like a Porsche 911 or a BMW M5. It's much too refined. You want to drive it at ease, low RPM, and with a beautiful torque at hand. So much to that.

Now back to the Flux Silver:

My car dealer says, that the Matte Colors are very sensitiv to any touch and once scratched, are hard to polish again. All in all, he advises me to go for one of his FEs, that he has standing there, waiting for me to take home.

Does anyone have any experience or any info on Range Rover's new Matte Color's sensitivity and durability? I'd really appreciate your input.

Cheers

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would go with the regular paint and just do a matte wrap or even xpel stealth. You cannot touch up the matte paint without it looking out of place and you cannot polish the paint since it will destroy the finish. Go for the FE with corris or silicon grey and spend the money you save on a wrap. You have to be careful with matte paint jobs from bird poop and tree pollen because it can stain the finish.

·
Registered
11 Posts
drg111 said:
Hi everyone,

so here is the deal: I'm located in Zurich Switzerland and I've ordered a FE P380 in Flux Silver in March of this year. Was told that I'd get the car at the same time as the car dealers. Well, the car dealer has a couple of beautiful FE in Corris grey and Silicon grey at hand in his shop, but none of the Flux Silver ones. The reason? The Flux Silver cars are built in January '18, which means that my car's delivery would, or lets say should, be in February '18.

Now, they let me have a FE over this week end, to test drive it. And as I expected, I love it. All of it. And, actually, after comparing the P380 to the D300 (yesterday morning), to my greatest astonishment, I prefer the driving dynamics of the D300. Why? Because the Velar is not a racing sports car that you'd wanna race over the swiss mountain alpine passes like a Porsche 911 or a BMW M5. It's much too refined. You want to drive it at ease, low RPM, and with a beautiful torque at hand. So much to that.

Now back to the Flux Silver:

My car dealer says, that the Matte Colors are very sensitiv to any touch and once scratched, are hard to polish again. All in all, he advises me to go for one of his FEs, that he has standing there, waiting for me to take home.

Does anyone have any experience or any info on Range Rover's new Matte Color's sensitivity and durability? I'd really appreciate your input.

Cheers
Appreciate your thoughts regarding engine type.

I haven't had a chance to drive either so my opinion may change but i tend to agree with you regarding vehicle type. The RR Velar is a luxurious mid-sized SUV that suits an engine that wafts along with little effort. The 3L Diesel with stacks of low end torque would pair nicely with this type of vehicle.

If we were talking about a Macan, that's an SUV that's built and geared towards performance, that's built buy a company known by its sporting heritage and is best paired with a powerful petrol engine to really get the most out of the vehicle setup.

The Velar SVO might end up throwing my theory out the window but i think the majority of buyers want the sweet luxurious ride and won't be too fussed if its not the most performance focused SUV out there.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Performance on my D300 is more than adequate the torque is immense and the car feels pretty fast. Avoid the Flux paint - my Brother had an M5 Jahre edition (Matte Grey) and he struggled a lot to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I ordered a FE D300 in Silicon Silver which I will pick up next Monday. I hesitated a lot about the Flux Silver but also found out that the matte colors are very sensitive. Alos € 7000 is a log of extra money. My local dealer has a FE in Flux Silver in stock and available so these cars are defintely already in production.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Saw a flux silver Mercedes this afternoon and it was riddled with scratches.... reminded me of some Christmas candles I bought with snowflakes etched on but after a few rides in the dishwasher looked like it had been down an luge run.....😳

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the comments, really appreciated. I'll go for the Silicon Grey instead of the flux silver. I like the way the color changes in the light. It makes the car look a bit different every day.

·
Registered
126 Posts
drg111 said:
Thanks for all the comments, really appreciated. I'll go for the Silicon Grey instead of the flux silver. I like the way the color changes in the light. It makes the car look a bit different every day.
Good idea. I like silicon silver! Saw this one the other day. Lots of pics of them around tho. Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Land vehicle

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.