Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordering in the UK on finance compared the dealer's recommended GAP insurance (called Total Loss Cover) vs ALA?

I priced both up and the ALA is about £100 cheaper from what I recall.

Any one had any experience with both / either? Any hints and tips would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
727 Posts
My insurer offers a like for like replacement car if there the car is written off within the first 2 years so I am not taking out GAP insurance.

My cars are insured with NFU Mutual and they are fantastic and very cheap too with no need for trackers etc!

I have a great broker if anyone wants his details drop me a line :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
ill take his details too thanks! Not sure Admiral will give me like for like! I called them last week for a quote and they didnt know what a velar was!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
AVOID ADMIRAL folks - read the fine print - if your car is involved in an accident they force you to use their own repairer otherwise you lose your access even if it was not your fault! Further more they don't allow original windscreens to be replaced they use a generic equivalent - AVOID!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Sorry guys! Everyone should now have PM and if not let me know - been inundated with messages lol

Just to add - NFU Mutual is not like a usual insurance company you are treated very well - in fact my guy James will personally come to see you to give you the insurance papers. It really is a class apart with personal service. A Bit VIP :D And it is cheaper than the big brands usually!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts