Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the Velar less than 24 hours ago, already in the shop. After 80 miles, at a stop sign, the car would not move. Showed gearbox failure on the drivers dash, gear knob was frozen. Shut the car off, restarted it, and it limped to the side of the road. Shut it off, let it rest, restarted it, and was able to put it in drive. Engine light was now on. Drove it back to the dealer, waiting to hear the diagnosis. Additional problems, Bluetooth connection to Apple phone, when using Siri for a voice text, it just freezes, never engages the microphone.

Not a promising start to the Velar. I currently have a 2012 Evoque, 2016 Range Rover, and a 2005 LR3, no major issues with those vehicles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Current follow up to gearbox issue. Rover Service has told me the diagnostics are showing it as a transmission issue. Protocol is that Rover corporate has the ball in their court for such an issue. Service manager did not sound promising. The sales person put a stop payment and paperwork on my processed paperwork, and they are trying to either find a similar build, or order a new one. Definitely a factory build issue, as the car had 11 miles on it when I picked it up, and 80 miles when the problem reared its head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the EXACT same thing happen to me today. I got my Velar less than a week ago and today the same thing happened minus the engine light ended up going off. It's in the shop. I'm curious how Range Rover will handle this situation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem showing gearbox fault message on my 2020 range rover velar that was salvage title and repaired from collision. I fixed it by opening the hood and removing the engine cover to access the manual switch for neutral near the oil filling nozzle and pushed it down toward the driver seat. This manual switch was set to neutral from the accident and no one remembered to put it back to normal position. No more gearbox fault message or any other warnings. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts