Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just moved to the London from New York. Can someone recommend an insurance company?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Have you missed the other insurance thread? I'll send you a PM of my insurance guy who works for NFU Mutual. After using these guys I would never insure with anyone else again. All my fleet is insured with them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I did 😂

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DaveTilbury said:
Hi VelarMan

Am struggling with finding insurance, due to no Tracker installed. Did your chap, via NFU, mandate a tracker on the car? Would you be able to PM his details please?

All the best
Dave
Also had trouble finding insurance without a tracker especially since I'm pretty young. NFU wouldn't insure me since I did not have three years of driving in the UK. Aviva gave me the best offer out of the bunch that I contacted while most said they wouldn't insure or they wanted to charge me a ridiculous sum like 5k

·
Registered
125 Posts
NFU ? No Tracker necessary.

The App thingy, once you get it going, will tell you all sorts of info "live" from the car. Including its location. If its not where you parked it then you'll be able to see. It doesn't of course alert you (if its stolen/moved) but at least it helps if you need peace of mind and you are away somewhere.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lancer said:
NFU ? No Tracker necessary.

The App thingy, once you get it going, will tell you all sorts of info "live" from the car. Including its location. If its not where you parked it then you'll be able to see. It doesn't of course alert you (if its stolen/moved) but at least it helps if you need peace of mind and you are away somewhere.
Problem is the Land Rover Secure tracker you are talking about is thatcham level 6 which doesn't include immobilisation nor level 1 police response and at least in my experience being young with such an expensive car in central london, without a level 5 tracker which the dealership or another company can install for about £750, they won't insure you or will just charge you an insane amount.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts