Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that I would start a new topic given mavg1986 response to my note on the topic "Autocar shocking velar review"
In that earlier topic someone asked if anyone had tested their 240d 0-60 acceleration time. Well I now have, and the result was very similar to the Autocar figure of 9.3 seconds rather than the quoted 6.8 seconds. Now I know that it is difficult to replicate published figures and we could discuss exactly how level the ground is and atmospheric pressure differences, etc. but a difference of 2.5seconds is nothing short of scandalous in my opinion and can be no way down to minor differences like this. My earlier note also mentions that I had a loan 240d and this also produced a 9 second 0-60. So probably not an isolated case.

Mavg1986 suggests that this may be grounds for rejection. Any lawyers out there? Anyone else care to test their car particularly any 240d models

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe this might well be a case of "not as described" and might well be rather expensive to take to court and get a result in favour of the consumer. Since when did anyone get the fuel economy figures quoted? I have achieved remarkable fuel economy with some cars I have owned but had to drive like a saint, drive down a steep and very long downward gradient, have a tornado behind me etc....

I was told by JLR staff at Goodwood Festival of Speed in mid 2017 that Apple CarPlay and Android Auto would be built into my car when delivered in November 2017. Of course, I have nothing in writing so "not as described" but verbal only.

What about the other bits that are "not as described"? Did your brochure describe the in-car smartphone integration as being a bit "iffy"? Did the brochure describe the Bluetooth connection in some cars might not work properly or have inferior poor voice quality?

I recall seeing brochures showing Music Album art on a large format that you could flip through by swiping with your finger, nothing unusual there but the artwork shows the connection is via an iPhone...The two Velars I have driven were not capable of this.

I could go on and on.....

G

·
You have very reasonable grounds for complaint - if not rejection.
While Loz (The VW Touareg Loz? ) is right in that many promises are made in publicity blurbs and pre-launch promises, the fact that you bought the car on the very reasonable assumption it would perform as described, and that it clearly doesn't is a perfectly valid case for involving consumer organisations.
I certainly would, and have done.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If it's on finance contact the finance company. They have 56 days to investigate and provide a resolution or tell you where to go. I would have thought the small claims court does not cover the total claim sufficiently ie is it up to £ 10k under small claims court. If you have legal cover with any insurances then use that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have sold the car back to the dealer for a £10k loss (received confirmation from their solicitor in writting that it will not affect my legal position). I am claiming for £8k allowing for the fact that I had the car for 3 months. This keeps it within small claims court.

Thanks for the advice though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.