Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...long story short, after confirming my order and arrival of my car for next week, the dealer called me and said some confusion happened in the backoffice and they sold me a car they shouldn't (ie delivered already to a customer) :oops: :oops: :oops:

They have been very fair to me and offered some goodwill on another car I choose from stock....

Again spent some time going through all available options and pulled the trigger, completely different from my previous order but I believe will be a great car and will hold residual value well in the long term with less optionals on the list.

This was the initial order:
R-Dynamic SE P250
Corris Grey
Black Contrast Roof
R-dynamic Black Pack
Sliding Pan Roof
Light Oyster Interior
Privacy Glass
20" 10 Spoke Style 1032 with Satin Dark Grey finish
Rear seat remote release
Illuminated scuff plate
Illuminated treadplates
Premium Carpet Mats
Chrome IP END CAP
Side Window sunshades

This is the new car I will pick up in a couple of weeks time:

Velar HSE D240
Santorini Black
Light Oyster Interior
Sliding Panoramic Roof
Premium Carpet Mats
Side Window sunshades
Privacy glass (**updated)

Now waiting game...what do you guys think?? :shock:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice and the upgrade to HSE (which will add extended leather missing from your original order)) is nice

Only thing I would say is a black car (non RDynamic) without the black pack means unpainted grey plastic trim and a silver finisher under the boot. Will still look good but not as sharp as your original colour combo imho.

·
Registered
26 Posts
velofixed said:
Nice and the upgrade to HSE (which will add extended leather missing from your original order)) is nice

Only thing I would say is a black car (non RDynamic) without the black pack means unpainted grey plastic trim and a silver finisher under the boot. Will still look good but not as sharp as your original colour combo imho.
I'm not sure the hse comes standard with the extended leather

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just checked and it's standard on a hse. Noticed I couldn't spec a d180 se unless it was RDynamic tho.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
makes sense, non rdynamic SE starts at D240.

If you go r-dynamic you can get SE at D180 engine - both options (standard D240 and r-dynamic D180) are the same price pretty much in the UK

·
Registered
558 Posts
If need be could always have those parts wrapped in black.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
velofixed said:
Overall I think you're getting a better car but how do you feel about the switch to diesel?
actually should mention the privacy glass will be a delar fit aftermarket - any concerns on these???

So basically I use about 3k miles on the highway and about 1.2-2k "as a weekend car" per year, so I guess the diesel will be more efficient for my use tbh noting I have an electric car for the day to day...any feedback on the d240?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, big turn of events. The Velar HSE D240 arrived in Black (Pan roof/oyster) but the car didn't do anything for me.

Indeed the black doesn't do justice to the car and not having the r-dynamic was a huge impact on visual. Wasn't satisfied at all with the choice. My dealership was amazing and they let me get another car instead, so very please overall.

I ended up placing an order on the following (being prepared for delivery next week):

R-dynamic D240 SE
Corris Grey
Electronic Air Suspension
21" 10 Spoke 1033 in satin grey
Oyster/Ebony interior
Sliding Panoramic Roof
Black contrast Roof
Configurable ambient light
Privacy Glass
Electric adj steering column
Premium Carpet Mats
Rear window sunshade
Terrain Response 2
All Terrain Progress Control

Very pleased we could find this spec - what do you guys think?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts