Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Administrator
142 Posts
I am honestly not expecting discounts for a good 12 - 24 months yet. I guess we'll have to see what real demand is like first but the residuals look good so that suggests no discounts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Just thinking of placing an order, tried negotiating with my local dealer but no discount offered!

I also tried for free service pack but was told this was not available on the Velar.

Cannot justify spending £65k for the mid powered 2.0 diesel spec SE with options without any discount.

Concerned also about residuals and does anyone have any thoughts if the values will hold like the Macan?

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello All,

Haven't seen any new posts on this topic for about 10 months.

I'm in the process of ordering a new Velar D-180 R-Dynamic S - I've been to over half a dozen dealers and also used Car Wow/Drive The Deal.

I've been told that they don't have any D180 R-Dynamic S (or even the D240 R-Dynamic S) in Stock or Pre-Reg and will have to be factory ordered.

Anyone know what is the maximum levels of discounts being offered?

Is it unrealistic to aim for 10 percent + Dealer Contribution now that we're in April 2018?

Any dealers/contact details you can share if they are willing to negotiate a good deal?

Thanks

·
Registered
558 Posts
I got the D300 First Edition for £78,000 down from £87,000 list (including service packs, wireless charger and other accessories) representing a discount of c10%

This was possible in March as most dealers have year end targets to meet and especially high end models to move.

The best deals are on CarWow but there will be fewer at the start of the new financial year (now) and perhaps not as generous.

Still a lot of unregistered and unsold D180 stock available so I would recommend finding one that meets most of your requirements if not all. You are more likely to get a deal on that around 3-5% than on a new order.

·
Registered
295 Posts
8% on order in july for a vehicle delivered in october. no finance plan, we got the money from a bank loan ourselves

G

·
I've just got 11% on a pre-built D240 SE R- Dynamic. I wasn't after many niche options as the base spec was good for me. I just wanted Pano roof and a choice of colours mainly so found it pretty easy to source one.

·
Registered
558 Posts
10% on a D300 FE for £78,000 down from list £87,000 with extras.
I think I got lucky as it was in March before year-end and the offers got better on high spec cars

·
Registered
41 Posts
In Singapore I've gotten a USD$4000 discount, they've wavered the Kaikura stone paint option I've selected, it may seem like a lot but I paid about USD$270,000 for the R-Dynamic P250 SE (with a couple of options) and given that cars in Singapore are insanely expensive, I had to talk my way into getting the best discount I could!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Spoken Hands,

Yes I've been shopping around since Mid-March and been looking at everything - New or Nearly New or Approved Used or 'Free Release' or 'Spec Amend' or 'Booked Build Slot' or 'Pre-Reg' or 'Ex-Demo' or 'Management Car' or 'Stock car' etc.

Built my spec on Car Wow & Drive Deal and also visited many dealerships - they still haven't been able to find me a single D180 R-Dynamic S or a single D240 R-Dynamic S with a sliding panoramic roof (which is my only compulsory requirement)!

Apparently JLR launched an employee discount scheme on the Velar (15th to 31st March) with 20% and the country's stock of the D180's has been wiped out. I'm flexible with all the spec and requirements just don't want a Black or White or Indus Silver Colour.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could please share the name or contact details of your dealer here or via PM? I'd be happy to provide your reference and hopefully that would be mutually beneficial?

Thanks again for your help and feedback :)

SpokenHands said:
I got the D300 First Edition for £78,000 down from £87,000 list (including service packs, wireless charger and other accessories) representing a discount of c10%

This was possible in March as most dealers have year end targets to meet and especially high end models to move.

The best deals are on CarWow but there will be fewer at the start of the new financial year (now) and perhaps not as generous.

Still a lot of unregistered and unsold D180 stock available so I would recommend finding one that meets most of your requirements if not all. You are more likely to get a deal on that around 3-5% than on a new order.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for your insight.

Please let me know if any of you would be willing to share the name or contact details of your dealership here or via PM?

I'd be happy to provide your reference and hopefully that would be mutually beneficial?

Ludo said:
8% on order in july for a vehicle delivered in october. no finance plan, we got the money from a bank loan ourselves

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes I'm in a very similar position - happy to buy anything New or Nearly New or Approved Used or 'Free Release' or 'Spec Amend' or 'Booked Build Slot' or 'Pre-Reg' or 'Ex-Demo' or 'Management Car' or 'Stock car' etc. All I want is the D180 or D240 R-Dynamic S with a sliding panoramic roof and any colour except Black or White or Indus Silver.

Similar to my request to others on this chat - please let me know if you'd be willing to share the name or contact details of your dealership here or via PM? I'd be happy to provide your reference and hopefully that would be mutually beneficial! :)

VelarD said:
I've just got 11% on a pre-built D240 SE R- Dynamic. I wasn't after many niche options as the base spec was good for me. I just wanted Pano roof and a choice of colours mainly so found it pretty easy to source one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I got a discount to price match a leasing company's offer - and then a service plan and paint job upgrade thrown in to convince me to switch. I think it was 6%.

Go to Carwow.co.uk and let the dealers fight for the business (use their offers to trade off against each other).

1 - 20 of 46 Posts