Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

My name is Mark and i am from Sydney, Australia.

We picked up our Velar on the 29th October, and over here are one of the first customers to own one. I have not seen a single one on the road. They actually got released a little early here, as they were slated originally for a late 2017 / early 2018 delivery.

The wifes car was due for trade in so we ended up getting the Velar as her next car.

I originally was going to spec one, in Silver with Black Roof, but they had one already in stock very close to what i was going to spec anyway. I would of preferred White with Tan Interior but i have heard it does not age well and with us hopefully having kids within the next year or two the black interior would be better wearing and easier to keep clean.

P380 R Dynamic SE, Yulong White / Black Pack / Black Roof / Sliding Sunroof / 22" Gloss Black Wheels / HUD / Tow Pack / Black Interior

only two things i wish i got with the car is the upgraded front seats (20way/heated/cooling/massage) and the driver assist packs for cruise control etc. which i miss from my previous Audi. They are not necessities but it was nice to have on the last car which this car doesn't have. However i could not justify the cost, as you know in Australia we have a crap thing called Luxury Car Tax which adds 33% to the price of the Velar. And if i added those things in, then i am entering into Range Rover Sport territory for price.

Here are some photos, it is indeed a great looking car.

White Car Vehicle Gear shift Automotive design

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
That's a great looking car; I really like the colour.
Thanks for sharing your pictures .

Kieran.

·
Registered
125 Posts
And soooooo much better having a car in white in such a beautiful country, in wonderful sunshine. Lucky you!! I live on Dartmoor, in Devon, down a muddy lane and have a corris grey Velar which matches the countryside! Its perfect for here too but you will know what I mean! My heart is somewhere else (not that Id want a 33% luxury tax!!).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had our velar now for 1 month and finally seen a black one parked at the Valet alongside our one. Still have not seen 1 on the road though. Get alot of compliments about the car. loving ownership so far and touch wood has been hassle free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.