Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick note of introduction.

Ordered my Velar (D300 HSE) last Monday and just been told that it will be going into production in December so hopefully, all going well, hope to get it not later than early March 2018!

Have been enthusiastically reading all the posts for over a month now but felt I should wait till I placed the order before joining. Have also been reading through the online manual since there is so much tech and gadgets that I want to enjoy everything from day one.

Kind Regards to all.

Ron :D

G

·
Good choice, ronm, hope the process goes well. My local dealer tells me the 2018 allocation is nearly full - could be sales talk but clearly a car in demand with, I imagine, a lot waiting for JLR bugs to be sorted.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ty

Thanks for the update on the production forecast. Not too bothered really about the build date as I was budgeting an early March delivery.
Hopefully all the inevitable bugs associated with a new model will be dealt with in a timely fashion.

Regards
Ron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Mavg
I've gone for the Narvik black with vintage tan interior
As for extras:
Alloy space saver spare wheel
Black suedecloth headlining
Privacy glass
Heat attenuating windscreen [essential in this area]
Full leather upgrade including binnacle
Illuminated full length treadstip in boot
Surround cameras
Interior moodlights
Terrain optimisation 2
Satin umber veneer for doors
Configurable dynamics
I downsized the tyres from the 21" to the 20". The 21s looked too fussy to me, the 20" ten spoke I think look more elegant. Also they may be more comfortable harshness wise. I test drove a Velar with the 20s and the ride was superb, they seem to be the perfect compromise size.

I also ordered the dab radio, since we like to tour in the continent. I've been told, since placing my order, that in most of continental Europe they use dab+. The brochure only mentions dab so I don't know if I've boobed there since dab will not pick up dab+. :( :?:

Regards
Ron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the interest Mav.
The reason is twofold first metallic is a £700 extra, and if the black roof is added which makes it more striking, that's a further £570. Another reason is the inevitable scratch or bump, touching-up the black paint is easier and any body shop can paint solid, metallic is a different thing altogether more expensive to repair, at least in this neck of the woods.
I agree with you as to the look though, I test drove a first edition with the silicon silver, the only one of the metallics I really liked, looked beautiful but that was £1400!
Ron

·
Registered
201 Posts
makes sense, I was in a similar dillema myself - not sure if you saw in other posts.

Have you seen in real life a black Velar? I made the mistake - in my opinion - of getting a metallic black with no r-dynamic pack and when the car arrived I was underwhelmed

My dealer was great and let me order a new one, so at that point I've decided to give up on saving a few £s and went for Corris with Black roof - my rationale is that it looked very nice, cheaper than silicon silver with similar wow factor

All of us are different, and taste is unique to each of us, but thought I'd point out to make sure you have seen one and are ordering well informed - when I ordered the black non r-dynamic I hadn't seen one in flash...my mistake I guess

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mav
Must admit Corris is an excellent choice, like you, it would be my choice if I had to compromise on not having the silicon silver. I've seen a Velar in metallic black but it was only in the showroom so did not really do it justice outside in the daylight black always looks nicer I think. I've seen photos on this forum from another owner, of a Narvik black but with the Corris grey sports flashes and grey wheels, it did look good. My car at present is a BMW X5 also in solid black and my wife and I have always liked it, a bitch to keep clean though!
Have you taken delivery of yours? And if so, has it lived up to your expectations?
Regards
Ron

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi lien
Yes I ordered from Capurro excellent service ... up to now. It was built on the 8th Dec so am waiting on delivery.

The problem with Spain is that they will not normally sell on tourist plates for Gib since they are aware that there is a dealer in Gib. Told this by the salesman in Puerto Banus where I went have a look at the one they have in the showroom, also went for a test drive. Will also have to factor in the higher import duty.

If you need any other info let me know.

Ron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.