Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Placed my order on the 4th June after seeing the vehicle in person at my local dealer which confirmed how nice the car is.

The build I have gone for is;
R-Dynamic D300 HSE
Carpathian Grey
Black Pack
Black Roof
Tinted Glass
Panoramic Sunroof
Ebony/Oyster Interior
Surround Camera
Terrain Response 2
Configurable Dynamics
Heads Up Display

I'm really looking forward to taking delivery (apparently around November time) after seeing in it person (saw a Firezone Red with Black Pack which I was tempted to go for colourwise but wasn't sure about living with a red car long-term)

Looking forward to everyones thoughts once deliveries start to take place.

Gary

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice Choice Gary. Have the exact color scheme on the outside as well the engine! Should be an awesome color combo. I went with the Vintage Tan/ Ebony instead because I thought the oyster would be harder to keep clean :lol:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.

I know what you mean in regards to keeping it clean - I have 8 year old twins as well - what have i done :)

On speaking with a couple of work colleagues wet wipes will be my new best friend!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Well done Gary - did you wait to see the car before you ordered? I think many of us on here ordered based on the pics. I was lucky enough to be at the launch on 1st March and as my dealer principal was there with me left a verbal deposit and paid the next morning and got slot number 1 :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VelarMan said:
Well done Gary - did you wait to see the car before you ordered? I think many of us on here ordered based on the pics. I was lucky enough to be at the launch on 1st March and as my dealer principal was there with me left a verbal deposit and paid the next morning and got slot number 1 :D
I was SO tempted to order straight away but thought I'd leave it until I saw it in the flesh. Now I have a tinge of regret that I waited until then (I 95% knew I would be ordering but the sensible me made a rare appearence) as I now have a later expected delivery date than I could have and my patience for shiny new toys is not the best :lol:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ask for an updated Vista Sheet ... might get a surprise :lol:

·
Registered
727 Posts
garymontague said:
VelarMan said:
I was SO tempted to order straight away but thought I'd leave it until I saw it in the flesh. Now I have a tinge of regret that I waited until then (I 95% knew I would be ordering but the sensible me made a rare appearence) as I now have a later expected delivery date than I could have and my patience for shiny new toys is not the best :lol:
Many people may still cancel their slot so your car may well turn up earlier!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick update. I requested with my dealer if I could add the premium car mats to my order but he replied saying no amendments could be made as it had been comitted to build :) - I'm happy about this as I thought my build date was later than this.

Does anybody have a rough idea how long it is from comitted to build to delivery? (Hopefully, it may be sooner than the November timeframe I am being told).

Thanks.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It is 1 month between lock in date to the time they start building the car. From there it looks like they are factoring about a month to two months depending where you live to ship and deliver the vehicle. After that PDI is allocated 5 days. You should just request the vista sheet because it will confirm all the dates.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A quick update. Just spoke with my dealer and he informed me that my car will start to be built on Thursday and they aim for it to be with me the first week in September

Much sooner than the end of October early November I was originally quoted when I placed the order. Going to be a long 6 weeks!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts