Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

my screen on the dash went black and this happened? It’s the screen blackout a thing? And does anyone know how bad/expensive this is going to be???
Many Thanks
Sam
Tire Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle

·
Registered
252 Posts
Ooh very nasty.

Do you mean the screen went blank and you reversed into a tree? (i.e. are the two related?). Lots of question marks.
Sadly, any repair on a Landrover is going to be expensive. Big aluminium pressings.
Are you reluctant to go to your insurers? (e.g. losing NCD).
If so check with a reputable body-shop but brace yourself for bad news.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ooh very nasty.

Do you mean the screen went blank and you reversed into a tree? (i.e. are the two related?). Lots of question marks.
Sadly, any repair on a Landrover is going to be expensive. Big aluminium pressings.
Are you reluctant to go to your insurers? (e.g. losing NCD).
If so check with a reputable body-shop but brace yourself for bad news.
Yes as a was reversing the whole panel blacked out and there was an overhanging tree. I would like to avoid the claim if poss just was wondering Ball park for getting something like this done!
thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Dentless UK will most likely be able to pull out the dent, but it might still need some paint treatment? Would try them first as only about £80 for a dent like that then you can get the paint issue addressed afterwards.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yeah mate I would go to some sort of local dent repair company first, I’ve had a massive dent taken out of one my door before (aluminum) and looked brand new. It will work out a lot cheaper than replacing panels etc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts