Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, just thought I'd say hi, currently a RRSport owner and thinking of "Downgrading" to the Velar, although I use the term "downgrading" I actually think I'm going a step up ?, the sport I've got is a very well specced sdv6 hse, so was thinking of getting the R-Dynamic hse d300, which for the same sort of spec I'd be looking at the autobiography in the sport? Well, I'm hoping it's not downgrading :lol: , got a test drive booked next week so hopefully any reservations can be put to rest, only concern I might have is the lower driving position.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As some might of already guessed, after a very impressive test drive I've ordered one, early April delivery. Decided I can live with the low down driving position as the more modern feel / look, compared to mine won me over.
Just thought I'd post what model and spec I've gone for, so here goes;
HSE Dynamic D300, silicon silver, light oyster/ebony, on/off road pack, HUD, fixed pano, privacy, 21' style 5047, heated steering wheel, config ambient lighting, heated rear seats, tracker, ash veneer, front/rear mud flaps , and rubber mats all round, only thing I'm not 100% on is the silicon silver, as apart from pics the only one I've seen, was on a filthy demo in fading light. Might have to look what dealers are selling ones in that colour and just pop in to have a look, at least they might be clean.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you think about light color I would consider aruba as well. I think its an amazing choice, I was considering aruba as well but decided to take the dark one in carpathian grey

·
Registered
98 Posts
In relation to the Silicon silver - its a very interesting color and there are lots of other comments here about it (I think there might even be a specific thread) - the general consensus is that it can look different in different lights - it seems to take on the color of its surroundings, hence if parked on grass, it has a green silver look, if on gravel, more a bronzey look and sometimes a grey look - one owner said they loved the fact they had 3 different color cars in one!! - so its somewhat of a chameleon - for some this is a plus, for others a minus.
Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like the silicon is the right choice for me, was thinking of carpathian but don't think I can put up with the dirt dark colours seen to attract, especially 10 mins after you've washed it 🙄, that's why my current one is scotia grey, light enough to hide the thin layer of dust and still looking a bit different,
What are people's thoughts on the black contrast roof ? Normally I don't like it as prefer the floating roof look but the rear pillar looks a bit odd with body colour? Just need to decide which one looks better ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Velar / Colour Carpathian grey and black roof - love it and it really suits the shape of car - but does gets comments of being moody and stealth even dirty looks the business though !!
Mudflaps help

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got a set of Land Rover dust valve caps through the post today, as a thank you for buying another Land Rover, which was nice. First time that's happened, wonder if it's down to the dealer? No mention of them, just a letter from Land Rover Uk marketing director saying how delighted they are I've decided to buy another Land Rover product, anyone else get anything like this ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, yes I received the same, for being a returning customer.. I finished my build last week, for deliver end of March. I've ordered a D240 HSE, R-Dynamic Kaikoura Stone, 22in diamond cut wheels, fully loaded with extras.. Can't wait..!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Dawn, so now you've finished your build the clock watching begins 😂, I've still got a couple of weeks to finalise before I get the chair ready to sit in front of my clock 😂, good luck with the wait!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for that.
I visited a few local dealers to see what Velars they had in stock, to decide on my colour choice. It helped as initially I was going for Corris grey, but as my Audi is grey, I thought I go for something different. I'm really pleased with my decision.. I've have the black pano contrast roof too, should set it off a treat ... tick tock.!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts