·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previous diesel 3.0 (3 years/120.000km each) : Audi Q7, Audi A7, BMW 535dXdrive

Now: RRV R-dynamic D300HSE

1.-The sound of the blinkers.
2.-No navigation voice control.
3.-The "coffee" advise if you don´t stop will be a yellow alarm. I have switched off from the menu.
4.- I can´t navigate to the address of my iPhone contacts neither send emails/messages.
5.- If I needed it (with my eyes on the road) I can´t turn to dynamic mode quickly.

...to be continued...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can you not set one of the double instant function buttons (on the LH of the wheel) to "Dynamic"?

I like the turn indicator sound...its confident and in keeping with LR's legacy.

Great there is no annoying SatNav voice!

What do you mean in point 3 ? Coffee ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lancer said:
Can you not set one of the double instant function buttons (on the LH of the wheel) to "Dynamic"?

I like the turn indicator sound...its confident and in keeping with LR's legacy.

Great there is no annoying SatNav voice!

What do you mean in point 3 ? Coffee ?
No, I can´t, it´s a button only for this:

Cancel guidance.

Next source.

Mute speaker.

Play/pause.

Voicemail.

Mute microphone.

Hold.

Auto reject.

Upper screen off.

Traffic alerts.

"Coffee" is the Take a break advise

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks so much for that.

For what its worth, after 250 miles in my FE ....

I like:

The size of the beast! Perfect for 2 and occasional rear seat passengers
The feel-good factor...in spades!
Low speed acceleration, and confident handling, at least in Dynamic
The comfort over bad roads of the air suspension
Quietness on the move
The wonderful light, airy cabin
The ambient lighting at night
Excellent seats
Excellent music reproduction
That people don't gawk at the car as much as I imagined they would...maybe that's just Devon for you!
That, having spent £83K+, I'm not jealous of any other driver except for those waiting for the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo!!

I dont like :

Not being able to lower the drivers seat a little more..Im 6'2"
Trying to find screen info on the move, safely!
No right hand volume control - the Audi wheel mounted volume scroll is wayyyy better than LR's version
The fiddly cruise control
The lane control gizmo - I switched it off
After all the debate about Silicon Silver, which I disliked before, I wish I'd had it over Corris Grey which I think is a bit dark/bland in hindsight
Fuel consumption - I have the D300 - I have yet to better 28mpg

There will be more but I'd love to see other owners' follow-ups too?

·
Registered
558 Posts
agree with the indicators.... when we swapped the old Evoque for a newer one the first thing I noticed was the bloody indicator noise

·
Registered
449 Posts
Indicators are probably from Tata. Coming from BMW I can't remember a car I ever heard this cheap indicators in the last 30 years. Well done JLR! I would prefer no sound at all over this annoying one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't find the indicators annoying at all, perhaps I am going deaf but they do not seem that loud. They for sure let you know they are on and I have no problem with that. I am coming from a BMW as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Owner of a D240 R-Dynamic.

Anybody have my same problems with the base model seats? They are so narrow on my rear-end that my right leg falls asleep and I have to stop every half an hour and get off the car. Most uncomfortable seats I ever had (I come from BMW and Audi). I am 185 cm tall and weigh 72 kgs...

Not enough to be a beauty to look at...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.