Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally collected my P250 on Saturday....

What a motor, any questions welcome :)

(apologies for the side photos, not sure how to rotate)

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
Love it

·
Registered
534 Posts
velarios said:
lovely car. the rear bumper is not all glossy black! Is not that an option with the black RDynamic package?
The u-shaped trim? In Europe it's silver; In the USA it's darker gray like the front grille. Not sure why the difference. It's only glossy black with the black package.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Morning,

Yeah, the U-Shaped trim looks naff in silver, especially on Corris. I'm getting this wrapped black later this week.

The drive is fantastic, even though it's on coils if you hit a speed bump with speed you can feel the electronic dampers kick in. If feels almost the same as the air in dynamic mode. If you also throw it into a corner you can feel the car doing its thing to keep you as level as possible. Very clever. I am on 22's though so was never expecting a super soft ride.

Engine wise: I've come from a CLA45 so even when I test drove the P380 and the P300 I thought they were slow... However, the P250 is fantastic, almost silent until you put your foot down and then even then you will hit 95 without even noticing. There shouldn't be any complaints from buyers of this engine. Averaged 32mpg on a 4-hour motorway run and around 29mpg around the doors.

Two little gripes: Every now and again the cockpit will not allow me to pull up the maps and just locks as a black screen.. turn the engine on and off and the problem is fixed. I will keep an eye on that and have a chat with the dealer if it continues. Also having issues connecting my phone to Bluetooth and charging cable, it shows my phone on the screen but doesn't allow to you select.

KRG: No comparison to the F-Pace, this is so far ahead of the F-Pace in every way. Looks, drive, feeling on the road.

So glad I pulled my order early to be one of the only cars out there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Md6410 said:
Morning,

Yeah, the U-Shaped trim looks naff in silver, especially on Corris. I'm getting this wrapped black later this week.

The drive is fantastic, even though it's on coils if you hit a speed bump with speed you can feel the electronic dampers kick in. If feels almost the same as the air in dynamic mode. If you also throw it into a corner you can feel the car doing its thing to keep you as level as possible. Very clever. I am on 22's though so was never expecting a super soft ride.

Engine wise: I've come from a CLA45 so even when I test drove the P380 and the P300 I thought they were slow... However, the P250 is fantastic, almost silent until you put your foot down and then even then you will hit 95 without even noticing. There shouldn't be any complaints from buyers of this engine. Averaged 32mpg on a 4-hour motorway run and around 29mpg around the doors.

Two little gripes: Every now and again the cockpit will not allow me to pull up the maps and just locks as a black screen.. turn the engine on and off and the problem is fixed. I will keep an eye on that and have a chat with the dealer if it continues. Also having issues connecting my phone to Bluetooth and charging cable, it shows my phone on the screen but doesn't allow to you select.

KRG: No comparison to the F-Pace, this is so far ahead of the F-Pace in every way. Looks, drive, feeling on the road.

So glad I pulled my order early to be one of the only cars out there.
I also had the same issue with the Bluetooth not connecting... came back after a few hours and auto-connected as normal. Not had the same issue since. Worth nothing I only collected on Friday evening and have only made three or four trips so far. Hoping it doesn't recur though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
534 Posts
I haven't heard anything bad about this engine yet. Super pumped! Also glad to hear you like the coil suspension. I want a firm yet compliant ride, and this sounds like a winner.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I took it to mean he/she considers all Velars slow relative to what they had, but obviously werent after raw power in this car. With tempered expectations, the Turbo4 is fantastic and better than expected. That was my impression as well when I drove an F-Pace with it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Great Looking car and great colour, my Evqoue was that colour scheme.

Can I ask how you're finding the P250 engine, I am unsure if I should get the P250 or pay the extra for the P300.

Did you drive before you bought it and if you did was you able to try the P300 also?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For those who haven't gone for the P380 and D300 this is more than suitable for normal driving. You defiantly won't be disappointed. It's not exactly a car you want to tear around the roads anyway.
(But that's me coming from a sillly quick sports car)

That comment was to cheer up the P250 owners who probably haven't had a chance to test drive one yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Off topic:

I am SO eagerly awaiting deloverskrift of my car, but cant get it until the 24th (the official release date).

Why is everyone picking up their NON-FE cars now?
Are the dealers allowed to do this?

Best

C

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.