Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'd seen the youtube video of someone getting his Netflix working on his screen.
As we have an HDMI connection it made me wonder... "would an Amazon Fire Stick work ?"

Why yes, yes it does ! It works really well giving you both Amazon Video and Netflix.

I paired it to the in-car Wifi and it worked like a champ.
So if you want in-car streaming TV get hold of a £40 FireStick.

Still loving the Velar 1 week in.

Gadget Communication Device Speedometer Font Display device

Steering part Car Automotive design Vehicle Steering wheel

Plant Automotive design Communication Device Audio equipment Entertainment

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not tested that part yet. I was thinking more if we've stopped or waiting for my son to finish his swimming lessons :)
I'll update tomorrow when I test it moving.

·
Registered
843 Posts
It will stop when you shift out of P, but there's a company that will sell you a (not very inexpensive at $250..) solution to unlock that:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I agree. I'm not fussed if it doesn't work when driving. Just something I tried for when we are parked up etc. I probably won't really use it much.

G

·
P380NarvikEclipse said:
It will stop when you shift out of P, but there's a company that will sell you a (not very inexpensive at $250..) solution to unlock that:

I totally need that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
what about control of the stick? how do you access the menus or onscreen programming? does the touchscreen still function to control the Netflix content?

·
Registered
558 Posts
van604 said:
what about control of the stick? how do you access the menus or onscreen programming? does the touchscreen still function to control the Netflix content?
Surely by simply using the remote...

·
Registered
295 Posts
yes

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi on a slightly different subject, I notice the internet browser will not work on the move, is there any way to allow this to work so the passenger can use the facility while I am driving

·
Registered
558 Posts
What's wrong with them using their own devices connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot? Must be a lot easier No?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.