Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So, Land Rover just released an update for the InControl apps for iPhone (version 2.7.0).
Update description:
"iOS 11 connectivity improvements and other enhancements"

Personally, I haven't been able to successfully connect my Velar to my iPhone using inControl, so, hopefully this will fix it. I will update the thread tomorrow after trying.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Where did you hear this? I asked my dealer and they said they was no imminent update for CarPlay.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Veelar said:
Hi all,

So, Land Rover just released an update for the InControl apps for iPhone (version 2.7.0).
Update description:
"iOS 11 connectivity improvements and other enhancements"

Personally, I haven't been able to successfully connect my Velar to my iPhone using inControl, so, hopefully this will fix it. I will update the thread tomorrow after trying.
amazing. it's not in the french app store yet. however I do see the 2.7.0 version from the itunes .

https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/land-rover-incontrol-apps/id838300128?mt=8

Just erase your old incontrol Apps from Iphone to be able to get the new one, if like me the new release can not be installed ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: Still can't connect to InControl Apps. Oh, well.

Regarding Apple CarPlay, a member of the forum (I can't recall who exactly) called customer service and they told him that support will should come soon for Apple Carplay, but probably not for existing vehicles. (Oh, well x2).

·
Registered
252 Posts
Totally gave up on ICTP. Little support for apps that are any use the ones that are in place work if the wind is blowing in the right direction and when they do work sluggish and unstable.

CarPlay would be nice but just can't see if happening anytime soon.

Would be nice of course but who knows

·
Registered
449 Posts
It was me. I contacted customer service directly and they said Apple CarPlay is in works. The department in charge gave the information that the timeframe wasn't available yet and they didn't know if it will be updated for legacy cars. To me it sounded like a no.
BTW i also asked if the assistant functionalities could be updated to enhance the autonomous driving. The answer was no they can not.

Software is becoming the key function for any device and will be more in the future. A car is no exception. All manufacturers who won't be able to compete in this game will fall behind. The day where they sell a car and that's it for ever are long gone. OTA updates are mandatory and the system needs to handle it fail save.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts