Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

After some OTA SW updates happening during July, I have still exactly the same kind of issues in my MY2021 Velar.

I've realized ome minor fixes have been made but overall SW quality is poor and I am still unable to benefit from my InControl subscription as long as I can't login from the vehicle.

Any other feebdack from anyone else?

Thank you!
David

·
Registered
47 Posts
To fix the login issue, you need to take it to the retailer. Other than that, the SW is abysmal, and having spent a lot of time talking to the mechanics at the 3 retailers my car visited thus far, their impression of the Pivi Pro is that it's a bad joke. Which is a shame, because the car itself (how it feels and drives) is fantastic, at least in my experience.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I changed to a Defender; same Pivi-Pro problems from start. Really hacked off.

However, the latest download for me (16th July) fixed everything. SOTA.

My only problem now is what is the point of being able to login from the car ? :)
It logs on automatically in my profile but I really don't see what it gives me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Fenton said:
what is the point of being able to login from the car ? :)
AFAIK:
- Spotify and other services associated to your account
- Tracking your journeys
- Wifi use (if you have wifi hotspot option)
- Ability to switch your preferences (if you have secondary drivers)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Oh, I see.
Odd: even before the hurrah-it-all-works-SOTA-upgrade I could track journeys using phone remote App or PC (btw: I could log in from phone or PC but not, originally, from car).
WiFi downloads/SOTA ditto.
Maybe it was logging in (partially) but GUI was duff. I dunno.

I still can't understand why it works for some and not others when the hardware is (I would have thought) identical.

·
Registered
68 Posts
David, Have you had the "shared secrets" recall ? I couldn't log into InControl until I had the N580 recall work done. Fixed it for me. This is apparently required for the early MY2021 Velars, which were not correctly configured in the factory.
My dealer did not offer this recall, I had to ask for it (at the suggestion of another forum member here).
Since then everything has worked correctly for me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had to ask. Also, recent updates have caused additional problems. Cameras not working sometimes, SatNav sluggish for a few minutes and more. It would appear JLR expect you to turn on ignition and sit there for a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
68 Posts
GreyPaint said:
I had to ask. Also, recent updates have caused additional problems. Cameras not working sometimes, SatNav sluggish for a few minutes and more. It would appear JLR expect you to turn on ignition and sit there for a couple of minutes.
Sorry to hear about your issues. Everything on my 2021 Velar works perfectly now.....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone have any Spotify issues? Specifically the 'shuffle/random' feature on the app built into the car. Basically it's coloured brown ie it's active but it isn't and it won't respond to any presses. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Shuffle doesn't work in my MY21. But I can't get it to work in iPhone app either so it must be me !

·
Registered
7 Posts
GreyPaint said:
@GreyPaint, Have you tried a 'Soft Reset'? Press and hold the volume knob until the screens go off then let go (takes ~20-25seconds). I found the same thing happened to me after the 2.0.9 or 2.1.10e update (can't remember). Everything now working perfectly. System now running 2.1.0a and still no issues - boots up quickly and no lags.

Also worth checking to see if you have the latest Sat Nav Maps (https://www.landrover.com/ownership/incontrol/incontrol-user-guide/pivi-map-download.html) and latest 'Apps' software (under "Apps>Live Apps>Software Updates" on the Pivi Pro screen after any updates).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Will try that.... thanks.

I also still have the issue with passenger mirror that dips when reversing but doesn't go fully back

·
Registered
69 Posts
GreyPaint said:
Will try that.... thanks.

I also still have the issue with passenger mirror that dips when reversing but doesn't go fully back
My car's door mirror has done this since day one. Still waiting for the definitive Pivi Pro software update to fix this. My work around is to press the memory position button to restore the mirror to its standard position.

Great car, awful software. This is the one issue that has yet to be fixed for me. Numerous other bugs have come and gone and new ones arisen and then fixed with each successive update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

Can anyone solve this problem? I can log in pc and Iphone too but I can not in the car.
Today I sent an email to my seller when I have information I will share in this post.
Hello all,

I have exactly the same, did the reset procedure as suggested by tech support and still no joy.
tomorrow to the dealer and see what they can do about it.
the idea is to reset or delete my account, delete the car from my account and reconnect it all.
might be an error somewhere in the setup. On the laptop and mobile devices all works fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone having issues with Spotify on the Online Media section - it just wont load for some reason, I've signed out and back in and restarted the car, but it just wont load at all in the Online Media

·
Registered
D300 MHEV MY21 Velar edition (SE+)
7 Posts
Anyone having issues with Spotify on the Online Media section - it just wont load for some reason, I've signed out and back in and restarted the car, but it just wont load at all in the Online Media
I'm having some problems with Deezer on the online media (I think is just one that cause multiple issues).
But I don't think related with yours.

To answer the post's title: latest updates did solve most of my Pivi probles.

Some survived:
  • Starting the car, the last played song finishes correctly but then the next one doesn't start.
  • On long jurneys, expecially on the highway, it gives me lots of connection errors stopping deezer and connected features
  • i tried to open the meteo when it gives me the deezer problem and it doesn't load
  • Signal is low also where all phones have full signal

Most of the problem anyway is related to deezer that stop playing, but I think it's caused by a very poor connection.
Sometimes it gives me connection error also when full 4G signal is diplayed on pivi screen and then, not even moving, it takes the signal again and is all like before.
(But song is stopped and I'm very tired of tipping play button)

The problem survived all software updates and every time I take to the Dealer they answer me is because signal is low where I was (I really think is not possible at all).

Did you experience something similar?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts