Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I was under the impression you get free map updates but after connected my car, I got the License Expired message.

When I added the vehicle to www.landrover.here.com and went to Maps and Services I get presented with subscription options rather than Map updates.

I assume you can't get map updates unless you subscribe. Does the car come with free updates for a certain period?

·
Registered
408 Posts
3 years from new. If you have the Remote App it tells you when the subscriptions expire.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Apple or Google navigation is free (as is Waze). I find Google, via Android Auto, far better than the JLR native Satnav in every way - route planning, rerouting etc. Just the voice is poor - like some 128Kb soundtrack rather than the lovely JLR voice. Oh, and it only appears on the upper central screen rather than the TFT driver's module.

Ultimately though it's free and fulfils the purpose of Satnav far better. Conversely, the JLR subscription is...... expensive when your first three-years are up.

Regards, Arianne.

Reactions: scotcruz

·
Registered
Velar D300 HSE White 2017
27 Posts
Does anyone know where I can view when my current map version was released? I have map version 8.30.70.153 installed but I can't make head nor tail of the latest mapping version convention which is shown as 08.030.0132.0153 . There are lots of similarities but I'm not convinced that my current version is up to date as the "Great Yorkshire Way" from the A638 to the M18 isn't shown and its been open at least 6 years

1 - 7 of 7 Posts