Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a number of settings on the infotainment system and even otherwise that should be persistent, but the vehicle keeps losing the settings. The dealer has no clue and said I had to wait for some future software update.

Examples of settings that don't stay
1. Dynamic driving mode randomly changes to comfort
2. Auto defrost front and rear randomly turns off
3. Sunroof shade randomly stops auto-opening when vehicle turned on

There are more like these. Is there an update for these issues yet?

·
Registered
482 Posts
The car should stay in Dynamic or Economy Mode for a certain number of hours after it has been turned off. After this period expires (I cannot remember exactly but think it may be eight hours) it defaults to Comfort Mode.

The sunroof blind can appear random but there is a pattern. If you switch off the car with the sunroof blind closed then it will stay closed when you restart the car. If you shut down the car and leave the sunroof blind in the open position then, after a few minutes of the car being locked, the sunroof blind will close. It will automatically open again on restart of the car.

Unsure about the front and rear screen heated elements. Believe they shut down automatically after a certain period of operation. That's all.

Regards, Arianne

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a few to add!

1) the settings for air speed changes to "quiet and comfortable" randomly - sometimes a day or two after you've changed it to another setting

2) the comfort mode from dynamic is super annoying - even though another poster says "that's how it's supposed to be". Where did you magically get that "fact"? Was it written in a velar's foggy window? :)

3) auto defrost actually doesn't seem to turn on - I don't know what auto defrost means when it doesn't do anything. I took a photo of my car under 30cm of snow (no exaggeration) in -14C and the frost didn't turn on *shrug*

4) anyone have the digital instrument cluster display go nuts yet? I made a couple videos - the middle part I have set for navigation mode. It'll start flickering and scrolling like the vertical trace from an old CRT television is offset.

5) Bluetooth music almost never displays the artist/track info. And if it does, it sure doesn't display the scrub bar OR how long the song has been playing/has left.

6) the touch on the steering wheel for adjusting settings and volume is totally random. Sure you can press the buttons, but why did they make it "touch sensitive" if there's no rhyme or reason to the touch pattern

·
Registered
482 Posts
@ CanadaVelar,

No.2 - prepare for a shock. It's in the manual.......

"The dynamic driving program remains selected for approximately 6 hours after the ignition is switched off. If required after this time, the dynamic driving program has to be selected again."

In other words, Dynamic needs to be selected again because it has defaulted back to Comfort Mode.

Regards,

Arianne

·
Registered
558 Posts
Canadavelar. Can't say I've experienced any of those issues other than th album art.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts