Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backstory -

I wanted to try and visit the factory during the time when it was going to be on the production line and possibly see it getting built. I reached out to customer service at Solihull Land Rover Experience who forwarded my email to a Land Rover representative who sent me the following about arranging a tour and possibly seeing my car on the production line.

"I must however point out that it is never guaranteed that you will see your actual vehicle on the production line.

Whilst we plan for your vehicle to be launched the morning of your visit, and plan for the vehicle to be in a position during your experience where it is easily accessible, there are many factors affecting the production line that are out of our control. As I am sure you can appreciate modern vehicle manufacturing is an immensely complex process.

Should you still wish to attend, the tour is priced at £325 and based on two guests attending. Brunch is served on arrival before you and your guests are taken on a private factory tour of the manufacturing facility. Time will also be spend viewing your vehicle on the production line. As this will be incorporated into your tour, we plan for this to last approximately 3 hours."

So after emailing back and forwards and making sure my build date was confirmed since there seems to be a little bit of shuffling at the moment he came back and gave me a date that unfortunately I couldn't make since the date originally was a week earlier when I could go visit but now that it was pushed back I was going to be traveling. So here is the interesting news!!!

If you are willing to spend £325 and go visit the factory .... Land Rover has the ability to move your production around so that you can go see it by a couple days and up to a week

Land Rover Customer relations agent - "I have the ability to move your build schedule around slightly, if you are available another date that week, or the following week?

Please advise whether this would be suitable and we can liaise to find a more suitable date for you."

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The point I was trying to make is that they have some room to move your production around a week or so if you really want your car production moved up lol

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah they can. According to the Land Rover rep, he said my car was going to be start build on the 13th which is a Thursday and I could have moved it up or pushed it back in case I wanted to see it on the production line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts