Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening fellow Velar owners :)

Just a quick question or two from me this evening - I have a D240S, picked him up yesterday. Very pleased.

1) Whilst I am aware I did not choose the Ambient Lighting pack I am really surprised to see no interior lighting within the Velar at all, no footwell lights, or door lighting? Is this right??? There doesn't seem to be a light on the door handle, but thats about it?

2) 360 degree Parking aid - This was included in my order, but appears to have reversing sensors and reversing camera.......thats 180 right? Does not seem to be Front senses?

Any help and guidance for this newbie would be appreciated :)

Thanks -

MrGandFriends

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey!
My Velar is due in November and I did add the Ambient Lighting, however, prior to this, the dealer did say to me that there was some form of mood lighting in the car. I personally went for the Ambient as I wanted to change the colour to suit me, however I was under the impression all Velars had the 'standard' mood lighting? Yours could possibly be turned down or off?

Also, I'm sure the 360 degree parking aid is only included on the SE models and above. Unless you added an an extra?

Thats my 2 pence anyway, but there is much much more knowledgeable people on here than me!

Welcome anyway :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
mrgandfriends.co.uk said:
Good evening fellow Velar owners :)

Just a quick question or two from me this evening - I have a D240S, picked him up yesterday. Very pleased.

1) Whilst I am aware I did not choose the Ambient Lighting pack I am really surprised to see no interior lighting within the Velar at all, no footwell lights, or door lighting? Is this right??? There doesn't seem to be a light on the door handle, but thats about it?

2) 360 degree Parking aid - This was included in my order, but appears to have reversing sensors and reversing camera.......thats 180 right? Does not seem to be Front senses?

Any help and guidance for this newbie would be appreciated :)

Thanks -

MrGandFriends
same for me. no basic lighting either in our regular D180 R S without the ambiant lighing pack purchased. does this mean we only have the ceiling lights?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Huh, strange that there's no interior lighting at all. Mine has lights all over the place. Footwells, lower door bins, interior door handles, door panel accent lighting, center console accent lighting. I guess the ambient package was worth it. My Porsche didn't come with any interior lighting though and I got used to it. It's not a make or break option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't order ambient lighting on my P250SE and there is subtle white lighting for the footwells, armrests, door handles etc. The brightness is controlled by a pop out button on the lower dash to the right of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@andrew64 having now gone outside when its totally dark I have noticed the white lighting, albeit very dull and no where near as bright as the ambient lighting solution. The brightness is turned up full.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm a bit confused. If ambient lighting is ordered, will there be front AND rear footwell lights? I see rear footwell lights on some pictures, the F-Pace has them. Yet on other pics I don't see them in the rear. Another question: do the front footwell lights stay on at night when driving?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sebajfobias said:
I'm a bit confused. If ambient lighting is ordered, will there be front AND rear footwell lights? I see rear footwell lights on some pictures, the F-Pace has them. Yet on other pics I don't see them in the rear. Another question: do the front footwell lights stay on at night when driving?
The front footwell lights stay on while driving, but they seem like they dim to a subtle glow. I've never noticed them being a distraction. Not sure about rear footwell lights. I'll have to check tonight and report back.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for the info guys!

I'm planning for the D240 R-Dynamic S, and was not going to add the Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting as an optional extra.

So does this mean that the D240 R-Dynamic S won't have any interior lights at all (except the one on the roof)?

I've added more optional extras than I wanted to - any thoughts if the Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting is worth adding?

G

·
Noticed something very cool with my D240 SE today which is fitted with configurable ambient lighting. I have chosen purple as the interior colour, however, when switching to dynamic mode, the lights go red to match the Rev counter colour. Very cool 😎! Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Mr. Singh said:
Thanks for the info guys!

I'm planning for the D240 R-Dynamic S, and was not going to add the Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting as an optional extra.

So does this mean that the D240 R-Dynamic S won't have any interior lights at all (except the one on the roof)?

I've added more optional extras than I wanted to - any thoughts if the Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting is worth adding?
Standard lights are always included, that can't be changed in color. It's only worth it, if you like to change the color to your mood. Otherwise you probably wouldn't need it. Nice to have at best.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would think all Velars come with some form of interior lighting. What is very likely it is that it is turned down on your car via the dial on the right of your steering wheel (left on LHD cars) - you should have white LED footwell lights in the front and interior lights that turn on when you open the door.

The Ambient lighting pack adds additional mood lighting in the door cards and all lights are configurable for 10 colours. Not sure how many change them regularly to their "mood" but there are some quite nice options there to taste.

Not as bright as the Mercedes and BMW ambient lighting can be but some would say this is more refined.

I think it is a relatively low cost option but not make or break.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts