Range Rover Velar Forum banner

Internal Wrapping

9K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  mge.92 
#1 ·
I mentioned this in another thread but don't want to hijack it.

I took delivery of my Velar on Monday and the only thing I'm not entirley happy with is the door finishers. On the configurator the aluminium shadow looked darker than how it turned out and I think a darker colour would suit the car better (see attached).

Another forum member, mge.92, came up with the excellent suggestion of possibly getting them wrapped.

I have made a few enquiries with companies on the internet but obviously recommendations would be preferred. I live in Essex (near junction 30/1 of the M25).

Does anybody here have any people they could recommend? Or maybe some other suggestions on how to have them a darker colour.

Thank you in advance.

See less See more
#4 ·
Just got the interior protected. Found a US company making the interior protection. The company is called premier protection. Will post pictures but looks amazing. For all those in the London area, topaz detailing will be able to do it. If everyone is interested we could do a bulk buy and get it sent.

#6 ·
May be a little far, but Simon Walters of "Cambridge Concours" now located in Takeley close to Stanstead. His work is faultless and does a lot of high end stuff for some well known clients.

#7 ·
It may be hard to see which is the total point but here are some pictures. If people are interested please just message me and we can see if we can create a group buy to bring the costs down. For those who don't live near London, I could see if the company is willing to sell just the kit due to their wish that they sell to authorised installers so that the quality of the work can be held at a high standard.

Automotive design Communication Device Hood Mobile phone Telephony

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Camera lens Vehicle

Bumper Automotive exterior Gadget Automotive design Gas

Automotive lighting Hood Grille Automotive design Vehicle door

Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive design Grille Vehicle Carbon

Attachments

#8 ·
Looks very good, what's been done in the first two pics?

#11 ·
^^^

I wondered if it was the screens, really interested to hear how it performs against fingers.. pick mine up in three weeks and being everso slightly ocd, an hours wipe with a micro fibre cloth is currently the only option.

#12 ·
OZ_Velar said:
Does it stop finger marks being shown on the screen now?
the main purpose is to protect the trim especially the black piano finish which scratches so easily. The company uses a special liquid which is applied every couple months and reduces the fingerprint on the screen. I'll try and do a half with and without to show you the difference

#13 ·
great, would be interested to see a comparison

so is all the piano black trim protected? and can you see the film edges

#14 ·
Milky400 said:
great, would be interested to see a comparison

so is all the piano black trim protected? and can you see the film edges
Yes all black piano trim from the center console to the dash strip as well as both screens. All door panels where the carbon fiber, wood, or metal panels. You can barely see the film edges but since you really can't wrap around the edges. It is barely noticeable and unless you stick your head against the trim and try and search for the edges you won't be able to find them easily. If you or anyone interested wants to check it out msg me and we can meet up one weekend. I am in central London.

#18 ·
Arkmae said:
Yes i would like to know as well.... what wrap he used etc. i would love to get it all wrapped also!
Not sure what protective film they use. It would be best to contact them and see what they can do for you since I am not sure if they have ever sent they product to Australia. They were really helpful and even went out of their way to ship me their product from the US considering I had a reputable installer who was willing to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.