Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Did anyone go for this option from factory? If so, ornif you have tested it at the dealership, is it worth it?

We mainly listen to spotify so thought it would be a nice feature for longer drives.

Also, I thought about ordering the following:

- side windows sunshades: Is it integrated nicely on the door, or does it look like an aftermaket, just resting on top of the trim?
- Air Ionisation: never tested, any thoughts or experiences?
- I was going to upgrade the S version from 19s to 21s on coil. Will it look nice and is it worth the investment? I am always very worried with JLR tech having had a Disco 3 and a Disco 4 therefore am a bit skeptical about the air suspension tbh, worried about the longevity and cost to maintain fix/ thinking the coil will be more of a headache free experience

Thanks for the help, always hard to go through all the spec and decide
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Air Ionisation:
I had to find out, that Air Ionisation is only active when the air stream is manually set to the head. Won't work when set to auto mode. Totally weird to me and makes it useless for us. We use auto mode 95% of the time.

Air ionisation icon: Touch to activate air ionisation. The mode can only be activated when air distribution to the face mode has been selected. Selection of AUTO mode will deactivate the air ionisation mode.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Got the iPhone doc as a dealer installed option but they wanted 5 hours to do install. Drilling and not a great fit other than one particular iPhone model. I cancelled the install once I had the kit, returned it and got a cup holder magnetic mount. Just have to deal with cable but not a big deal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I actually dropped off my Velar today to have the iPhone Dock installed. They quoted 4 hours which is not included but my salesperson offered free of charge since I had to pay for the wheel lock installation (I think he thought the dock was easier to install than the wheel locks for some reason). My car has been there for 11 hours already and they just called and said it won't be ready until tomorrow so I'm assuming its not so easy to install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wonzfy said:
I actually dropped off my Velar today to have the iPhone Dock installed. They quoted 4 hours which is not included but my salesperson offered free of charge since I had to pay for the wheel lock installation (I think he thought the dock was easier to install than the wheel locks for some reason). My car has been there for 11 hours already and they just called and said it won't be ready until tomorrow so I'm assuming its not so easy to install.
Once installed, please let us know if it is worth it, functionality etc.

Can you turn the iphone to the passenger or does it stay directed to the driver?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
mavg1986 said:
wonzfy said:
I actually dropped off my Velar today to have the iPhone Dock installed. They quoted 4 hours which is not included but my salesperson offered free of charge since I had to pay for the wheel lock installation (I think he thought the dock was easier to install than the wheel locks for some reason). My car has been there for 11 hours already and they just called and said it won't be ready until tomorrow so I'm assuming its not so easy to install.
Once installed, please let us know if it is worth it, functionality etc.

Can you turn the iphone to the passenger or does it stay directed to the driver?
Dealer just called to ask what cup holder I would like the dock to be installed in and I said the top one with the cover. They attempted the install and called me back to say that the cup holder lid does not close with the iPhone dock in it, they said it could be installed in the passenger cup holder and that they think the arm rest will still slide over it. They also said that the instructions for the accessory say that the cup holder lid will not function with the dock installed. I rejected the installation altogether because I don't use that top cup holder so it only makes sense that the dock go in that one (and the driver has better access to the phone) and I wanted to be able to push the cover down when not in use. Such a waste of time and apparently they had to take apart my car for a lousy phone charger so I'm not happy about that! Therefore stay away from this useless accessory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
With regards to the cabin air ionisation, I will check the actual manual that came with my Velar when I get a chance. The PDF manual that I have looks like an early or preproduction copy. For information when I select air ionisation option on the bottom screen and the climate control is set in auto I get the distinct impression ionisation is working, you can detect the subtle difference in air entering the cabin. This is based on my experience with home ionisers and air purification and air handling. The air ioniser would be useless if not effective in Auto. The PDF manual states for best results leave in Auto.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
Sorry if I'm confused here, but I don't see what advantage this extra gives you.

My Velar has a USB port in the storage area under the arm rest (also HDMI and Sim slots) so all I do is use the usual iPhone charging cable in the USB, and the phone sits in the big bucket storage bit, completely out of sight and connected via Bluetooth to the infotainment unit for calls and music.

To me the optional extra seems to fix a problem that doesn't exist..

So what am I missing please?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
For me it's nice to have a dock to stick the phone in instead of grabbing the cable and plugging it into the phone. Plus I can easily grab it and go when I arrive at my destination. I also tend to use streaming apps on my phone and it's nice to be accessible if I want to change the station or if I use one of the maps app on the phone instead of the navigation app in the velar I can glance at it in the dock easier than picking the phone up and then looking at the screen. For me this was a relatively cheap solution, I'd just like to be able to hide the cable that is run to the USB connection in the arm rest. If I can hide the cable I should be able to close the cover for the cup holder if I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
baldro said:
For me it's nice to have a dock to stick the phone in instead of grabbing the cable and plugging it into the phone. Plus I can easily grab it and go when I arrive at my destination. I also tend to use streaming apps on my phone and it's nice to be accessible if I want to change the station or if I use one of the maps app on the phone instead of the navigation app in the velar I can glance at it in the dock easier than picking the phone up and then looking at the screen. For me this was a relatively cheap solution, I'd just like to be able to hide the cable that is run to the USB connection in the arm rest. If I can hide the cable I should be able to close the cover for the cup holder if I want.
Thanks, better understanding now (but still not for me &#x1f44d-1f3fb;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
AndreaZangani said:
baldro said:
Hello, i've purchased this. https://www.joli.design It works fairly well. The only problem is I don't like seeing the charge cable. Anyone have instructions on how to take apart the center console so I don't damage it?
Hello @baldro, this link might help even thò it is not complete ;)

http://accessories-instructions.landrover.com/itITA/range-rover-velar/G2149066
Thanks @AndreaZangani. I was hoping someone had the "Workshop Manual. Floor Console Upper Trim (501-12" to assist with this, but I'm guessing no one has grabbed a copy of it yet.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top