Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo,

Due to get my Velar in the next 3 weeks and I have come across reports that current Velar owners are having bluetooth and USB connectivity issues with there Iphone x. Is anybody having issues with there iphone x and velar?

As I have an Iphone x im hoping that it is just a couple of cases of this and they have already sorted it via updates but it's concerning knowing im getting my car soon

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have an iPhone X. I have issues with usb connectivity but they're the same issues I had with my previous iPhone 7....and others here are having with various iPhone models.

Seems to be an iOS/software issue, not a hardware issue tied specifically to the X.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KRG

Can you still make phone calls and play music via Bluetooth connection? As long as I can do that I will happy

·
Registered
534 Posts
Danger said:
Thanks KRG

Can you still make phone calls and play music via Bluetooth connection? As long as I can do that I will happy
Yeah. There was some cutting out with early iOS 11 releases, but Bluetooth works great now (I'm on 11.1.2)....for music, calls, etc. I haven't had any issues with the X in that regard. The only issue remaining for me, and its minor, is the song details sometimes get stuck on the ICTP and the same song shows indefinitey until you skip back/forward through tracks and it resets itself. But its not that common or a big deal.

USB connection is awful though. Don't bet on that for a bit. I'm hoping iOS 11.2 addresses it but who knows.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wanting to add to this.

We have both a Velar and Evoque with iCTP. As X users I can say that both USB and Bluetooth when trying to play music is a major issue and has not stability whatsoever. Drops gaps and silent pauses are all present and making the system totally unusable.
Thankfully I had filled my Mediaplay which is working without issue.
Hopefully Apple will resolve in 11.1.3 which I believe will be out this side of Christmas.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Why does everyone reference the issues to the smartphone? I'm using all model iPhones in BMWs for 10 years without any problem at all. Multiple connected at the same time. Bluetooth and usb that is. As I see it, the Velar system is causing the problems. Now as JLR introduced the system to the other models, they have to get it fixed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ICTP worked for about a week with my iPhone 6 Plus, but then the connectivity problems started and the apps wouldn't launch. I upgraded to the 8plus thinking that might solve the problem but to no avail.

The sales manager in Frisco Tx mentioned that 4 owners have had connectivity issues with iPhones, citing a possible power surge to the Velar that may be causing the problem. He mentioned his engineers are working with JLR about remedies. Perhaps an iPhone version update.

All I know is I have a great vehicle that is not performing as advertised, and my feedback to JLR has not been flattering. I'm hoping they can get this repaired as this is a huge gaffe on their part that is harming their brand and reputation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got velar 4 hours ago. Bluetooth sync'd perfectly. Phone works perfectly even voice dial. Apple Music streamed perfectly and put art on screen. Love the button to put music on lower screen artwork fills it up. Pretty cool. Haven't tried usb yet. Sounds like from this forum very buggy.

What features do you get w usb do t get w Bluetooth?

Btw no music gaps problems anything during my now 30 miles w the car.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Are we saying that USB & iPhones doesn't work at all.

Spotify doesn't normally provide tracknames over bluetooth and definitely no album art.

USB & iPhones works perfectly on MY17 InControl Touch Pro systems . . .

·
Registered
534 Posts
DangerMouseUK said:
Are we saying that USB & iPhones doesn't work at all.

Spotify doesn't normally provide tracknames over bluetooth and definitely no album art.

USB & iPhones works perfectly on MY17 InControl Touch Pro systems . . .
Not that I've seen, because there's tons of posts about it over on the F-Pace forum as well.

But yeah. My USB doesnt work at all. It's so buggy it's unusable. It will usually work for a few minutes then stops...leaving a bunch of weird software glitches in its wake.

·
Registered
534 Posts
roverforlife said:
Just got velar 4 hours ago. Bluetooth sync'd perfectly. Phone works perfectly even voice dial. Apple Music streamed perfectly and put art on screen. Love the button to put music on lower screen artwork fills it up. Pretty cool. Haven't tried usb yet. Sounds like from this forum very buggy.

What features do you get w usb do t get w Bluetooth?

Btw no music gaps problems anything during my now 30 miles w the car.
With Bluetooth (for me) there's no album art, only generic gracenote pictures that I can't figure out how to disable. Also no voice control of music, last I tried. With USB you can say "play x song by x artist' or "x playlist" and it works. That does nothing for me over Bluetooth. I suppose you can use Siri if it works again, but that stopped working for me with ios 11. Haven't tried in a while.

Regarding artwork.... I get it for some albums, but 90% of them just show generic pictures. I'd love to know how you're getting it to work, as that's my main frustration with Bluetooth. I use Apple Music on an iPhone X with iOS 11.2.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm sure they'll figure it out at some point. It'll prob require a major software update. Right now I'm not that mad about it....What I really want is CarPlay lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yeah was a bit surprised when I plugged it in.

Have you tried turning off music connectivity under the bluetooth settings for the iPhone in question - does that make a difference?

I saw you posted about it.

I did untick music and at least now (no incontrol apps) but my iPhone X with iOS 11.2 seems to be playing music normally via USB/Spotify.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts