Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after almost a week, following issues identified on a D300 FE:

1. The HUD brightness and position reverts to factory setting after a few start ups.

2. The HUD does not display media information, despite the relevant options being selected.

3. The automatic massage feature at start up does not operate, despite the option being selected.

4. Created additional Home Screens on the upper display and on one, the right-hand side displays a fainter font than other areas of the screen.

5. Reversing camera lens has dislodged itself from its housing and is currently residing somewhere inside the tail trim. Complete new unit required.

1-4 are minor niggles and likely to be Firmware related issues judging by all the recent Service Action bulletins. 5 is a known issue covered by another SA.

Off to the dealer on Saturday and will report back.

Anyone having any other issues?

·
Registered
421 Posts
The first 4 should be covered under the numerous software updates just coming out. The back up camera seems like it is going to be a manufacturing update and should be a service notification coming out soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
8 days and 2000 km and already problem with air suspension :-/

At stop side i hear strong sound from the back as something is broken and also sound from pushed away air.
Then info system write me only normal height can be choose and" problem with suspension"
Hope to be solved quick but still not check in service what exactly happen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took delivery of my P380 on 8/31 and less than 20 miles later I heard a loud sound like a gunshot, then hissing. Dealer came with a flatbed to haul it off. They said that the air compressor blew - it should slowly release air but instead built up pressure and popped. Waiting on part from U.K. Might be a week more they said! Otherwise loved the car for that first hour I had it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Took delivery on 1st September. Car is back with dealer this week with a few issues.

1. No media info on HUD initially and then a few days later the nav section got blurry.

2. Raised the question about the rear view camera which has the washer slightly in view on the right hand side. Dealer actually rolled out another velar and had the same thing so they seem to be suggesting that's how the manufacturer wants it to be.

3. Rear climate control doesn't come up.

4. Internal dent in the back seat cushion. That's the tough one.

5. Timed remote climate control missing during handover.

Given the little niggles I am surprisingly upbeat I normally get impatient with poor service or faulty items. Hoping to be back on the road by Friday with a long term plan for the dented seat.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just racked up 1000 miles, overall super impressed just a few niggles that i think should get sorted with a software update.

NAV in middle of clocks starts scrolling and breaking up randomly happened a couple of times flick to a defferent centre item and back to NAV and all is ok.

In Control Apps with iphone with various cables including original apple is very very intermittent and fails to connect more than it connects.

Calls saying dropped but then they come back without a redial other party says it just went quiet then i came back.

Paint on a rear bumber panel needs respray as is peeling as per a previous post, Dealer send pics to JLR for approval to cary out repair.

Last one but not heard this myself but a colleague said the Velar sounded loud and lumpy on startup as he walked past when i was starting it the other day, i will check this out myself, although the restart after Auto Stop does seem a little rattled.

Other than that ive had a great trip to London from Manchester averaged 37mpg in the P250 ran like a dream and very comfortable.

·
Registered
126 Posts
not a great start for some! Picking mine up today so hoping it is ok. A little worried about the potential air suspension problems but guess its luck of the draw if it blows or not! Really should be better for such an expensive car. Do all these problems occur in other brands and models?

·
Registered
24 Posts
bazzert9 said:
Just racked up 1000 miles, overall super impressed just a few niggles that i think should get sorted with a software update.

NAV in middle of clocks starts scrolling and breaking up randomly happened a couple of times flick to a defferent centre item and back to NAV and all is ok.

In Control Apps with iphone with various cables including original apple is very very intermittent and fails to connect more than it connects.

Calls saying dropped but then they come back without a redial other party says it just went quiet then i came back.

Paint on a rear bumber panel needs respray as is peeling as per a previous post, Dealer send pics to JLR for approval to cary out repair.

Last one but not heard this myself but a colleague said the Velar sounded loud and lumpy on startup as he walked past when i was starting it the other day, i will check this out myself, although the restart after Auto Stop does seem a little rattled.

Other than that ive had a great trip to London from Manchester averaged 37mpg in the P250 ran like a dream and very comfortable.
On a cold start and warm start I get the same loud startup. I assumed that was normal for the RR models as it settles after 10 seconds. Let me know how ou get on if I should highlight has an issue to be fixed.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hello folks,

Sorry been a bit quiet off late as spent two weeks in Sunny Florida and just got back yesterday before the storms hit!

Whilst I was away the dealer had my car for the service recall work. So far so good - the niggles with the firmware screens etc seem to have been solved now.

I have no real issues to report as of yet however they have still not been able to get media info on the HUD for some reason!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had my D300 R Dynamic SE a week and only issue has been escaping Ad Blue around the filler. Not sure why yet but it appears to be a flexible mount so will keep an eye on.
Found today that the active cruise can be converted to conventional by switching off the follow me function which is a bonus on previous systems.
Getting 45 mpg on a run which I'm very pleased with.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ptp99 said:
bazzert9 said:
Just rMacked up 1000 miles, overall super impressed just a few niggles that i think should get sorted with a software update.

On a cold start and warm start I get the same loud startup. I assumed that was normal for the RR models as it settles after 10 seconds. Let me know how ou get on if I should highlight has an issue to be fixed.
My P250 is loud on initial startup.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ptp99 said:
Took delivery on 1st September. Car is back with dealer this week with a few issues.

1. No media info on HUD initially and then a few days later the nav section got blurry.

2. Raised the question about the rear view camera which has the washer slightly in view on the right hand side. Dealer actually rolled out another velar and had the same thing so they seem to be suggesting that's how the manufacturer wants it to be.

3. Rear climate control doesn't come up.

4. Internal dent in the back seat cushion. That's the tough one.

5. Timed remote climate control missing during handover.

Given the little niggles I am surprisingly upbeat I normally get impatient with poor service or faulty items. Hoping to be back on the road by Friday with a long term plan for the dented seat.
I too had a dent in the dash leather. That whole unite was replaced before I picked up the car by the dealership. I too have the washer slightly in the view as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
VelarMan said:
I have the washer in view too - bloody stupid design IMHO!
There are a couple stupid designs like how you can't enter the address through the voice dictation :lol: or how u cannot default off the stop start and the list goes on and on. All I can say the velar is quirky like that 😂

·
Registered
24 Posts
VelarMan said:
Hello folks,

Sorry been a bit quiet off late as spent two weeks in Sunny Florida and just got back yesterday before the storms hit!

Whilst I was away the dealer had my car for the service recall work. So far so good - the niggles with the firmware screens etc seem to have been solved now.

I have no real issues to report as of yet however they have still not been able to get media info on the HUD for some reason!
After 2 updates still no media info on the HUD for me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.