Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - Picked up my new MY21 Velar a week ago and absolutely love it 🎉

I didn't have any problems signing up to InControl on the web and in the Android app, but I couldn't log in on the car screen. I kept trying and it magically worked after a couple of days, and that let me connect Spotify and log journeys.

However, it's suddenly stopped recording journeys since yesterday and I also can't refresh the Land Rover Remote app (it says updated 1 day ago and won't let me use any of the remote options).

It may also be relevant that I saw a red notification dot on my profile icon on the car screen which, when I clicked in, said it was 40% through an update. However, I'm not convinced any update has actually taken place as there's been no new notification and the software update option shows no new info.

So, question to those with a little more experience... Does this system just have bad days and magically fix itself? Or is there likely to be a bigger problem here (that may or may not be related to an incomplete update)?

Thanks!
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Interesting, having similar issues. Car was delivered Monday and no issue adding the car to my InControl app (previously had an E-Pace on it).

However, not able to refresh the car status in the app or use any functions. Still says it’s parked in Canary Wharf before being delivered to me. App says car is ‘asleep’ and will wake on next journey?!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, having similar issues. Car was delivered Monday and no issue adding the car to my InControl app (previously had an E-Pace on it).

However, not able to refresh the car status in the app or use any functions. Still says it’s parked in Canary Wharf before being delivered to me. App says car is ‘asleep’ and will wake on next journey?!
Yeh, mine is also showing the incorrect parking spot from when it all stopped working.

I just spoke to the LR Customer Experience Centre. They advised to hold down the Roadside Assistance button on the overhead unit for 40 seconds and this will reset all InControl functionality and to call them back if it doesn't do anything.

My wife is currently out with the car. Will give it a go when she's back!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case anyone is interested, the system reset did nothing.

Phoned JLR again who took more details and were going to hand the case over to the telecommunications team (or something like that).

However, I checked again this evening and it's all suddenly synced and working again. It's even kept a record of all the journeys that were made in the two days that the app didn't sync with the car.

I'm guessing it's more a case that the system magically sorted itself out as opposed to someone at JLR doing some remote magic this afternoon.

Saga over for now! 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
99 Posts
Currently have the same kind of issue with my APP, status has the car asleep so it able to start the car via the remote start.
I called the JLR customer service which seemed to be a waste of time, was advised to get tha car booked in as it would more than likely the telecommunications would need to be reset.
Car has been booked in for the 14th Dec.
But Interesting to read in the earlier post that holding if I hold donwn the roadside assistance button.
Will try that when I get home, currently in Portsmouth on Business and fly back to Aberdeen tonight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts