Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeking some advice - I took out the tyre and alloy wheel insurance policy from the dealership when I purchased my car. However I read somewhere in these forums (I think) that they don't present very good value.

I have some minor kerb damage to all four wheels that I now want to get repaired. I'm wondering whether anyone has experience using the likes of Chips Away or similar repair services?

I would like to cancel the insurance and get my money back (pro-rated and minus £50 admin fee) but only if it makes economic sense to do so. (I.e less than approx £60-70 per wheel.

I have grey satin wheels if that is relevant.

Keen to hear any opinions / experience related to this. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Depends on size but just had the mondeo 18's done and they should have been £50ea for full removal, stripped repaired and powder coated. because it's a quite time of year got all 4 done for £160 plus vat. IMO, the insurances are a complete rip offf.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Milky400 said:
Depends on size but just had the mondeo 18's done and they should have been £50ea for full removal, stripped repaired and powder coated. because it's a quite time of year got all 4 done for £160 plus vat. IMO, the insurances are a complete rip offf.
Thanks! This is just what I was after. I'm going to call and cancel the insurance once I get a couple more quotes for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.