Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a few friends who have had keys cloned or blocked and their RR's stolen (even with Trackers). Does anyone know if the key security has been upgraded on latest models?

I also wondered if there was an effective wheel lock to protect my 22"'s?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hi Jim,

The security on all Range Rovers was updated back in 2016 and as far as I am aware this stopped all the thefts due to key cloning. There is now no known issues of key cloning with JLR products so the Velar should be safe on that front.

The 22' wheels will come with locking wheel nuts as standard but you could also buy a paid of Mcgard Ultra nuts. If you give them a call they are pretty good with telling you which ones you need but I guess as the Velar is knew they probably won't have an answer for you at the moment!

I bought some for my RRS and I took them off before selling so hope to use the same ones on the Velar too.

http://www.mcgard.com/

·
Registered
421 Posts
According to the workshop manuals ... there is an active and passive alarm system in the Velar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.