Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reading the metro and there seems to be a rise in car threats using a gadget that bypass the keyless entry. Car can be stolen within a minute . Which is worrying as the land rover was particularly septable to this in the past. Does this make getting the tracker even more important. At £500 I believe it must be. Any thoughts on this matter.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi mate,

My car does not arrive until early December but already thinking about security, also keyless car theft is pretty bad where I am (Bolton/Manchester) I got sent a video by a mate of 2 guys taking a Mercedes E Class 67 plate in 20 seconds using a laptop so its crazy at the moment.

Im looking at getting-

A tracker
Pandora alarm (disables the engine even if they got)
Steering wheel lock/bar ( apparently really good deterrent and worth the hassle)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Make sure you get a cat level 5 tracker which includes level 1 police response and the ability to immobilize your car if stolen.

·
Registered
295 Posts
does this means that the anti theft system included with the Velar Remote App can easily be neutralized by car theft ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ludo said:
does this means that the anti theft system included with the Velar Remote App can easily be neutralized by car theft ?
I personally have yet to see any reports of Velar thefts, however it's still very new. I do know that Land Rover (And other Mfrs) have been working hard to make things more secure and the last report that I read from the beginning of this year showed signs of improvement. If anyone is aware of any reports of recent theft involving newer models like the Velar, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ludo said:
The Land Rover Tracker which can be optioned from the factory is only Level 6 which does not include remote immobilisation and is only level 2 police response so it is not a priority.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.