1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
43 Posts
had trolled through youtube and just stumbled upon the same video! As nobody seems to be getting theirs delivered soon these are most likely demo and/or press vehicles?

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's a brand new model. It's possible they're just building them early and they'll sit for a while until the official launch. This happens often. I know when I was looking at the new Audi S4/S5, customers were told their cars were built but sat months at port until Audi 'officially' launched the models.

Like I said, my car was supposedly built June 16 and I won't get it till the very end of August. That's a 2.5 month period between build and delivery, as stated by my order sheet.

·
Registered
125 Posts
With 40,000 back orders worldwide of course they are building now!

Next big step for me is first publication of some proper press reviews. These better be good or I for one won't hesitate to cancel my order and return to proven German quality.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm certain they'll be good. The F-Pace gets a lot of love from the press. The Velar should build on the F-Pace's strengths and address some of its weaknesses (road noise, cheap interior, etc).

·
Registered
79 Posts
First part of the video is NEC, Birmingham, UK. The rest of the video, 28 seconds on wards does look like USA. Is that a Californian number plate on the Discovery that is on the transporter.

·
Registered
534 Posts
GEE said:
First part of the video is NEC, Birmingham, UK. The rest of the video, 28 seconds on wards does look like USA. Is that a Californian number plate on the Discovery that is on the transporter.
Yes it is; good eye.

·
Registered
171 Posts
KRG said:
I'm certain they'll be good. The F-Pace gets a lot of love from the press. The Velar should build on the F-Pace's strengths and address some of its weaknesses (road noise, cheap interior, etc).
Agree but the Fpace also has many issues which i hope does not come across to the Velar.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'd think LR would've addressed them prior to this launch. I guess we'll have to see. I'm sure it's going to have its own set of issues, as nearly any all-new model does. I just hope they're minor.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Must be soon Land Rover is releasing more videos

·
Registered
177 Posts
Not that I'm a Velar geek but if you look at the front indicators they have an orange carcass which indicates that they are models for the US market.

My dealer in Surrey reckons they're getting a test drive model in early July.

I'm patiently waiting for my "everything last motherf&@king one of you" extras ticked in the configurator Velar to be delivered in September but secretly bricking it that I might end up rueing my decision to trade in my "not a single cabin rattle or technical fault" encountered Q7.

Glass half full says they'll make sure the launch models are fully quality controlled and in perfect condition but if you read some of the comments on F Pace forums you can't help but be a bit concerned over a JLR launch attracting significant teething problems.... fingers crossed!!!! 😳

1 - 19 of 19 Posts