Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know if anyone has applied any type of leather treatment on their First Editions. I don't have any kids to worry about spilling things, just mainly me and my wife in the vehicle. Worth it or not and if yes, any recommendations??

·
Registered
558 Posts
I would always condition the leather, in fact i do the Evoque and TVR on a regular basis. I do use different products on both. A scented balm on the Tuscan and a more waxy product in the evoque, mainly as the wife doesn't like the smell of the balm, Personaly I find it Devine.

Tuscan gets Gliptone Liquid Leather, cracking product but the smell is unique (apparently a leather smell) I love it and enjoy sniffing my hands all evening.

Evoque gets a slightly differ product from Cambridge Concours. Simon proprietor of Cambs Concours is a cracking chap and full of information, a quick call and he will sort out the best product for you. He works on a lot of very high end cars for some famous owners one of which is an irritating ginger haired chap and another use to work on a popular TV car show....... and as said Simon is a really bloody nice chap too.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My only issue with these interior protection thingys is that damage to leather is caused by heat and light. So regular feeding of the leather is essential to maintain a crack free leather. How often do these protections need applying?

I've always found regular cleaning with a ph neutral cleaner and moisturising has had the best results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts