Range Rover Velar Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the same low vibration / vacuum / booming noise about 1500 rpm - dealer swapped my wheels/tyres for another Velar and same issue.

They realigned the tail gate and its made a slight improvement but noise is still there.

I test drove another D180 and that did the same noise so the dealer has said that its not a fault.

Nowhere as quiet as the loan Defender they gave me - that was so quiet on all surfaces.

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK bit of an update on the cabin vibration noise.

The tailgate realignment def helped a lot and the fact that it shut tighter now against the body.

The other improvement was tightening the spare wheel in the well in the boot that was slightly loose. This seems to have made a difference as the wheel must have been vibrating against the metal body.

I might put some sound proofing / installation in the wheel well at some point in the future when I find a good product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Fadelovo. Mine has spent the past week at the dealership, and I've been assured that it is a software issue that will be fixed within the week. Fingers crossed. I'm surprised that it isn't a more widely known/reported issue, as the service Velar I was loaned was the same.

Out of interest, could you describe the "symptoms" that you're experiencing?
Cheers
Hi

did you get any response about this software issue?Because our dealer said there is nothing new about it.

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will share with you my experience with my 2020 Velar (D275SE), issue noticed at approx 600 miles from new.

At around 1500rpm you would hear what I can describe as a resonance noise, every time at 1500 rpm whether going up the revs or down.

I arranged to take it into dealers and whilst they could hear it they could not find the source of the noise, so they started root cause analysis by taking bits off the car (that was until I found out), by this point they had removed the N/S door card and passenger seat, all to no avail.
On hearing that they were disassembling my car I stopped them and collected the vehicle. I rebooked the car in and agreed with the dealer that they would only allow a master technician on the car and approach in a more scientific way and not to slowly disassemble my car and in turn induce more squeaks and rattles.

On the next visit they quickly called me to state they "had fixed" the issue, on asking what it was they stated that there was a bolt missing holding a bracket to the gearbox (a bracket holding hydraulic pipes). I even sensed excitement in their voice that they had found the issue, as though they were proud !! My concern was more with what other bolts could be missing from the vehicle, maybe more important ones. I ended up speaking to the dealer principle and he assured me someone would go over the car checking all key areas to make sure nothing else was missing.
On collection of the vehicle and approximately a couple of miles down the road my wife called me upset saying she could still hear the noise.

At this point I was losing the will with this car so I then got in touch with customer service and told them what had occurred. I explained that this situation was totally unacceptable and that I fully intended to start the process to reject the vehicle. They asked me to give them one more chance to resolve the vehicle and they agreed to send engineers directly from Land Rover to meet the vehicle at the dealer and to work with the technicians to find the issue.
After 2 days at the dealer they called to state they had found the issue, The service manager who had heard the noise on road test prior to rectification and now road tested again assured me the noise had gone. It turns out that that the fuel pipes were not fitted correctly resulting in this noise.

Now 9000 miles on there is no vibration noise ..........................................but there is now a creaking from the steering system on slow speed maneuvering ...............another visit to the dealer !!
Strangest sound from my 2019 Velar 1 year after lease coming from under drivers footwell or pedals. It sounds like crackling, or static electrical. It happens while car is in motion, with or without depressing on pedals and seems to be more obvious during different seasons so may be temperature sensitive. Therefore its intermittent. The dealership didn't find mechanical issues and wanted to send it to thier body shop thinking its structural and may need to place a wedge between panels to prevent movement.🤔🤔. Because i had to leave it for at least 1 week for inspection, i didn't proceed untill now that its gotten worse.
Are you having similar issues?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts