Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep seeing pictures of various Velars...some with narvik black lower bumpers and trim...others with what appears to be a glossy grey. I'm not talking about the tow hook surround...i mean the rocker panels and most of the bumper. Initially I thought all R-Dynamic models came with the narvik black trim, but I've started seeing pictures of R-Dynamic models with the grey trim. Can anyone make sense of this? Are these pre-production models maybe? I've added some pictures below for reference.

I want (and I assumed I would be getting) the narvik black lower trim, but I did not want the blacked out grilles, badging etc, so i didn't spec the black package. On the US site, it lists narvik black lower trim and bumper lowers as standard on R-Dynamic models.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Depends on location but I think the black pack will convert those grey trim pieces to Narvik black.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will. But I don't want the black pack. I just want the lower pieces black with the rest grey. I've seen several cars with just the lower trim black. It's confusing!

·
Registered
421 Posts
It could be black cars or very dark grey cars get the grey trim if you don't select the black pack.

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I want, attached below....narvik black lower trim, shadow atlas grey grille, tow hook surround, and Range Rover badging ONLY. Most cars I've seen have this combo. The trim/lower cladding is narvik black regardless of whether or not the black pack is spec'd. What i'm trying to figure out is why some cars have the atlas gray lower cladding (lower doors, rocker panels, lower bumpers) like in the pics I posted above. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how my car arrives. I'm going to assume it's just a regional difference.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the USA configurator:

R-Dynamic Exterior Package (default option on R-Dynamic models if black package is not selected):

- Door cladding lowers and sills, front, side and rear pinstripes, front and rear bumper lowers, lower finisher, tow eye cover in Narvik Black
- Hood and tailgate lettering and lower blade in Shadow Atlas
- Unique front bumper with air curtain finisher and mesh in Gloss Black and finisher inserts in burnished copper
- Fender vent blade and hood vent in Burnished Copper

I guess that solves it for me. In Europe, maybe the gray trim is available, but it doesn't appear to be for the USA.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Here are some images from the UK. This is an SE D240 Velar. It has the R-dynamic body trim but not black pack. You can see that it has the narvick black shiny lower trim. This is a car I saw while in Edinburgh a few weeks back. I am visiting my dealer at the weekend and they have another Velar in the showroom. I will take a look but I think this is the same.

Arianne

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thx for the pics and investigative work Arianne! Thx also to everyone else. Interesting that santorini black has grey trim while all the others have black. I guess it makes sense. It probably would've looked strange to have most of the car metallic black with non-metallic black lower cladding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for bringing this up KRG, I am considering a black R-Dynamic however I'm not sold on the grey skirts and would prefer Narvik like the one in your earlier image, but is this one Narvik body colour? Maybe Narvik comes with Narvik skirts?

·
Registered
421 Posts
VelarMan said:
That is extremely odd for JLR to produce grey trims specially for their black cars! Well weird!
If it was black trim on a black car they wouldn't be able to charge for the black pack :lol:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Id suggest going seeing it on a car, my first impression was shock as the black one i saw on the dealer tour had black strips, this was a D300 HSE so not sure if that was the difference, so i wasnt expecting see the grey.

But like i posted earlier, i actually like it it breaks up the black and matches the grey on the wheels.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looking at the configurator online when you select either santorini black or Narvik black the lower panel turns grey. Its very subtle but definitely changes compared to say Coris grey which is black.

Top pic is coris grey and bottom 2 are santorini and narvik.
If you want a black car and black at bottom you need to add the black pack.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well I'm confused now because most defo the car I saw doing the dealer tours had black strips but defo not black pack.

However adding the black pack on the configurator does change these to black so it seesm the tour car was not one you could genuinly configure thats a touch naughty hey.

See below

Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Clothing Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

Car Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Wheel

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
bazzert9 said:
Well I'm confused now because most defo the car I saw doing the dealer tours had black strips but defo not black pack.

However adding the black pack on the configurator does change these to black so it seesm the tour car was not one you could genuinly configure thats a touch naughty hey.

See below

IMG_3021.JPG
IMG_3022.JPG
IMG_3023.JPG
IMG_3025.JPG
IMG_3026.JPG
Very naughty! I was told at our dealer tour that some of the spec on the car you can't do yourself and i guess this is one of them! Think they just pressed 'go' on the robot and it did whatever spec it wants. :lol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts