Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I thought I'd introduce myself as I have finally placed an order for my car and have been using this forum as a reference for the last few weeks.

I'm living in the USA right now but will be returning to the UK permanently in March and hopefully picking up my car on arrival. I've ordered a D300 R-Dynamic HSE in Fuji White with oyster/ black interior, fixed panoramic roof, black pack, 21" 10 spoke black wheels, privacy glass, black contrast roof, Argento Pinstripe veneer, badge delete option and heated steering wheel. Hopefully I didn't miss anything you guys think is essential!!

Anyway I thought I'd say hello and thank y'all (yep I've been in the USA too long!) for all of your information sharing which has helped my purchase immensely. I will, of course, post up some pictures once I get the car. Looking forward to Velar ownership but I have my eyes open to the potential niggles which I hope may be ironed out by the time mine is built. This will be my daily driver and I will be shipping my current daily driver (Corvette Z06) from the USA for the weekends and good weather days in the UK.

Mark
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Sounds good, nice spec. Welcome to the forum.

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Batman said:
You won't be disappointed with the D300 - but a sliding roof a great option
I hear you but my thinking was that when the weather is that good I will probably have the Corvette with the roof off anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
helipilot said:
Batman said:
You won't be disappointed with the D300 - but a sliding roof a great option
I hear you but my thinking was that when the weather is that good I will probably have the Corvette with the roof off anyway.
The most important thing is to order a glass roof. The fact that it opens is, in my experience with ours, marginal. The purpose is to flood the cabin with light.

Arianne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Arianne said:
helipilot said:
Batman said:
You won't be disappointed with the D300 - but a sliding roof a great option
I hear you but my thinking was that when the weather is that good I will probably have the Corvette with the roof off anyway.
The most important thing is to order a glass roof. The fact that it opens is, in my experience with ours, marginal. The purpose is to flood the cabin with light.

Arianne
Yep that was the impression I got from the research that I did. I've gone for the fixed roof and think that will be fine what I need. Thanks again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
Personally I found the glass roof in the evoque pointless and it actually became an annoyance of mine. Great if you have kids, but I much prefer the feel of the cabin without it, to me it's far more cozy and glad I didn't spec it.

Each to there own and I can see the appeal, but not something I would spec again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Milky400 said:
Personally I found the glass roof in the evoque pointless and it actually became an annoyance of mine. Great if you have kids, but I much prefer the feel of the cabin without it, to me it's far more cozy and glad I didn't spec it.

Each to there own and I can see the appeal, but not something I would spec again.
So I agree that for the front seat passengers it is inconsequential. The windscreen provides the cabin light and the front lip of the sunroof is behind the upper line of sight for the driver. So it is almost irrelevant (except the feeling of openness when the glass is pulled back rarely).

But, with the Velar's stylish high windowline coupled with the option of privacy glass, the rest occupants gain a massive benefit from the pano roof. In some ways, sitting in the back of a carefully speced Velar is better than being in the front!

Whatever - enjoy!

Arianne
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top