Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Velar lovers

I have been the proud owner of a faultless Porsche Macan SD for two years, It's financed for another year so plenty of time for me to gather info on the Velar. The car really floats my boat, love the looks inside and out, and the tech.

looking forward to reading your reviews, especially which engine to go for. I've never considered a petrol engined SUV before, but with the unjustifiable negativity around diesels at the moment, the P300 seems to be the way to go. I should be able to try both fuelled cars before I need to place my order.

Another big question is suspension, air or standard? Does the standard suspension have a nice ride? I don't like too firm, my Macan has a sport mode to stiffen the dampers, very rarely use it. We have had Evoques in the family for 5 years, my wife loves them, however I find the ride bone hard compared to my car which is quite supple.

I will be checking in regularly.

Cheers

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hi. Welcome! Once I get my car I'll be happy to provide some feedback. I've spent hundreds of hours in the driver's seat of both the Macan and Cayenne so I'm anxious to see how the Velar compares.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi!

My dealer said yesterday that he's driven in 3 versions - petrol and diesel- on a training course in Solihull and that there isn't much difference between the standard and air suspension models. He likens the Velar ride handling to the RR Sport and says it's very different to the Evoque which he says has a hard suspension set up in comparison.

My test drive is booked for the 22nd July so I'll be able to update then.

As a Q7 driver I too have a slight concern over giving up my faultless car but when you speak to the dealers they, of course, point out that their build quality capabilities have come along way from when the Evoque was launched in 2010.

For me, the excitement of getting a beautifully designed, brand new designed and built car together with the new tech, outweigh my concerns about a few teething problems.

I coveted the Macan all through my Q5 and Q7 courting days but when I now look at the Macan compared with the Velar... it's looks dated, such is the fresh, bold look of the Velar.

It would be a good advantage to capture everyone's feedback on here once we are driving around in our shiny new wheels.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's great, many thanks.

I have already played on the Velar configurator saving several PDF's on my computer and narrowed the colour choice to Silver with black roof or all Black, you guys have great taste :) look forward to you uploading images of your beauties.

To be fair to LR, we have not had any issues with the two Evoques we have owned, so I'm not too worried about reliability of their product, the Velar is game changing regarding tech and design and agree it's making the Macan look a little dated now...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Welcome to the forum :) I had a Cayenne and then replaced this with a RRS. The Cayenne was a much sportier car than the RRS however the RRS was much more comfortable (my Cayenne had air suspension!). Overall I thought the RRS was a better car. I hope the Velar would be better than the Macan but it's a hard one to beat for sure as the Macan is a wonderful thing!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.