Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been down to my dealer and have confirmed mine is built but not out of quality control yet. Could be a week or a month.. (D240, R-Dynamic SE) Very impatient!!
They did say they have a cancelled customer order in the car park (not sure if they have resold it or not yet) D300 HSE, Coris grey with 22" Wheels. Don't know if anyone is interested or maybe have ordered something similar with a long wait and want one now then happy to pass my guys details over. Photos below.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
more photos of other cars/colours
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VelarMan said:
Could you PM me his details please I have someone interested - thanks!
I've just emailed to confirm if its actually available and will let you know when i get a reply. Was tempted to upgrade but expect it will be another £10k on my spec so think i'll stop being impatient and wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brooke1403 said:
Thought I recognised the pictures.
They are delivering my D300SE which I'm taking on Sept 1st. Have my test drive on Monday afternoon.
I hope the D300 demo is not on 22" wheels....
Think the demos are the silver one D240 on 21" silver wheels and the red D300 on 21" black wheels!
Im trying one out on Sunday with family to check legroom etc. Expect mine will be 1st sept too but was hoping for earlier as sold my Evoque last month!! Enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Brooke1403 said:
Thought I recognised the pictures.
They are delivering my D300SE which I'm taking on Sept 1st. Have my test drive on Monday afternoon.
I hope the D300 demo is not on 22" wheels....
Are you taking delivery 1 sept for the 67 reg? curious to know thoughts on 67 reg versus 17 reg on a new model car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ptp99 said:
Brooke1403 said:
Thought I recognised the pictures.
They are delivering my D300SE which I'm taking on Sept 1st. Have my test drive on Monday afternoon.
I hope the D300 demo is not on 22" wheels....
Are you taking delivery 1 sept for the 67 reg? curious to know thoughts on 67 reg versus 17 reg on a new model car.
No just that's when it's due to be delivered. I think LR have defaulted 1st sept for the new plate as that's what they expect people will want. If you want it earlier, and it is built and ready then they should be able to get it in for you. Reg doesn't bother me as have private plate. Won't affect residual values either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Wasn't given an option. Cars built but will not be delivered into Hunters until the 23rd August.
I ordered on launch day.
Concerning to see comments about slow tech, especially steering wheel controls. Wonder how this will impact ACC?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brooke1403 said:
Wasn't given an option. Cars built but will not be delivered into Hunters until the 23rd August.
I ordered on launch day.
Concerning to see comments about slow tech, especially steering wheel controls. Wonder how this will impact ACC?
Got the same story but haven't been looked after very well there. The guy today was much more helpful, Jonathan. Im going to keep pestering them and if my car is ready then will get them to deliver it early as I'm carless!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Test drove the D240 today and lovely car. Some of the plastics where better than the demo car in June which was a pre-production model. For example the plastic housing the controls for the sunroof and blind etc, I could push it in notably when i touched it before and at the time said to the rep that wasn't good but now it is solid and firm, albeit still plastic. As people have mentioned it would be nice to have leather on the window sill but this requires the 'full leather pack' which is quite a £ extra. I put my budget towards upgraded engine and wheels rather than comfort so can't really complain.

One thing that bothered me a lot was the air suspension, which was an extra in D240. People may feel differently but as a passenger I tend to feel car sick but when driving i'm fine. However with the car set to comfort/eco mode the car 'wallowed' from side to side like a boat would in water. (the sales rep said a few people have mentioned it) I felt quite nauseous after 20 minutes of driving. I then turned it to dynamic mode and the ride was much better and more of what I'm used to with the Evoque. Didn't feel sick and was much more comfortable, even if you did feel the road slightly more. As i said it may just be a personal thing but clearly the air suspension is meant to dampen the feeling of the road but I didn't like it. Pleased I didn't spend the money adding it. If you get car sick then best to test drive and see if it affects you or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
dodge1201 said:
Test drove the D240 today and lovely car. Some of the plastics where better than the demo car in June which was a pre-production model. For example the plastic housing the controls for the sunroof and blind etc, I could push it in notably when i touched it before and at the time said to the rep that wasn't good but now it is solid and firm, albeit still plastic. As people have mentioned it would be nice to have leather on the window sill but this requires the 'full leather pack' which is quite a £ extra. I put my budget towards upgraded engine and wheels rather than comfort so can't really complain.

One thing that bothered me a lot was the air suspension, which was an extra in D240. People may feel differently but as a passenger I tend to feel car sick but when driving i'm fine. However with the car set to comfort/eco mode the car 'wallowed' from side to side like a boat would in water. (the sales rep said a few people have mentioned it) I felt quite nauseous after 20 minutes of driving. I then turned it to dynamic mode and the ride was much better and more of what I'm used to with the Evoque. Didn't feel sick and was much more comfortable, even if you did feel the road slightly more. As i said it may just be a personal thing but clearly the air suspension is meant to dampen the feeling of the road but I didn't like it. Pleased I didn't spend the money adding it. If you get car sick then best to test drive and see if it affects you or not.
That's interesting, I suffer from motion sickness badly so I will have to look into this more as I specced having air suspension but now worry if this is a wrong choice when I am driving I am fine but as a passenger, I am not good.

Has anyone had a car delivered without the sir suspension or test drove one without and whats your thoughts?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JKVelarF1 said:
dodge1201 said:
Test drove the D240 today and lovely car. Some of the plastics where better than the demo car in June which was a pre-production model. For example the plastic housing the controls for the sunroof and blind etc, I could push it in notably when i touched it before and at the time said to the rep that wasn't good but now it is solid and firm, albeit still plastic. As people have mentioned it would be nice to have leather on the window sill but this requires the 'full leather pack' which is quite a £ extra. I put my budget towards upgraded engine and wheels rather than comfort so can't really complain.

One thing that bothered me a lot was the air suspension, which was an extra in D240. People may feel differently but as a passenger I tend to feel car sick but when driving i'm fine. However with the car set to comfort/eco mode the car 'wallowed' from side to side like a boat would in water. (the sales rep said a few people have mentioned it) I felt quite nauseous after 20 minutes of driving. I then turned it to dynamic mode and the ride was much better and more of what I'm used to with the Evoque. Didn't feel sick and was much more comfortable, even if you did feel the road slightly more. As i said it may just be a personal thing but clearly the air suspension is meant to dampen the feeling of the road but I didn't like it. Pleased I didn't spend the money adding it. If you get car sick then best to test drive and see if it affects you or not.
That's interesting, I suffer from motion sickness badly so I will have to look into this more as I specced having air suspension but now worry if this is a wrong choice when I am driving I am fine but as a passenger, I am not good.

Has anyone had a car delivered without the sir suspension or test drove one without and whats your thoughts?
As i said it may not affect you but worth checking. Worst case just drive in Dynamic mode! It may also be something you get used to. The other thing is i spent a lot of time playing with the screen when driving so that wouldn't have helped either!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top