Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving my Velar FE D300 Silicon Silver for about a week now and the car is splendid, as is the sound system. Reading earlier posts I've tried to connect my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge phone (with the lastest Software update) over the USB cable in order to get a better sound quality, also got the InControl Apps to work (not consistently), but the sound still seemed to work over the bluetooth connection. I figured that out when the InControl Spotify was playing and I switched the bluetooth of, the sound started playing on the phone's speakers instead.

Has anyone experienced the same problem or issue? And is there a fix to get the sound information over the USB cable instead of the bluetooth?

Any help is appreciated! :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Same thing happens with my evoque, even with Incontrol apps. You could try unpairing the or disconnecting phone over Bluetooth first. Then connect phone via USB. It might work. Also one other thing is that on my evoque only one of the usbs is for in control apps might be same with velar.

Also I found making sure phone volume at max and turn off any EQ setting the phone has, as this can distort sound as phone EQ ing then car is as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already tried disconnecting the Bluetooth connection.. but I hadn't realized that maybe only one of the USBs might function for the sound transmission. I'll try that.

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
similar issue with my Galaxy S8+ on my Velar FE. USB with InControl almost never works. When it does connect it drops out after a couple of minutes. Tried on iphone and works fine. Perhaps needs a software patch for newer phones.

Considering getting a seperate SIM card for the car but not sure if the internal sim allows access to spotify. Would presume not but anyone who has any more detailed knowledge much appreciated.

JT

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tried it, didn't work. In order to play Spotify you must install the app, which is not possible on the Velar to my knowledge. Therefore I'm still playing music over Bluetooth.. In the meantime I've loaded the HD with MP3s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone solve the Android S8 issue. Just got my car on Friday, and the only issue I have currently is that the phone connection seems to drop off after about 2 mins. Music keeps playing though. Initially I thought it was the cable but I am not sure now.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's not just an Android issue - Seems to most connections what ever it is.

Mine is in dealer today and 'apparently' they're doing the InControl updates amongst other things so I'll be sure to test upon return.

Currently Bluetooth works the best, using a cable just makes the System throw a paddy and is totally a distraction.

·
Registered
295 Posts
mrgandfriends.co.uk said:
It's not just an Android issue - Seems to most connections what ever it is.

Mine is in dealer today and 'apparently' they're doing the InControl updates amongst other things so I'll be sure to test upon return.

Currently Bluetooth works the best, using a cable just makes the System throw a paddy and is totally a distraction.
I'd be glad to read your report wheather the ICTP today's update enables stability with USB link.

·
Registered
276 Posts
There is an option to turn BT audio off. From memory and please do not quote me, go to the phone settings on the top screen and go to BT settings. I think the audio over BT option is in there someone. Make sure the setting for BT audio is off, this should force music to play over USB.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Velar Mike said:
no issues with my connections. I phone is connnnected to the ICTP via BT and music is coming from the phone via cable connection.
you won't be able to use the full potential of spotify without the usb link :
- first the quality of the audio will poorer in bluetooth versus USB (for spotify one could argue that the stream is of a lower quality anyway)
- ICTP Apps, including spotify was designed to work with USB.

indeed one can use spotify on its smart phone and stream music with bluetooth music, but you won't be able to use the menu from the main Velar top screen. that's why we are eager to get a stable USB link, that is still missing (many posts on this issue around this forum)

·
Registered
31 Posts
you are right, I was not precise enough in my explanation. What I mean is that I use the ICTP menu to manage the Apple music source from my phone as well as spotify via the in control apps.
It is not necessary to control anything via the phone when connected by USB.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.