Range Rover Velar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Visibility is terrible out the back side to side (direct through rear window good). On the driver side, you basically cannot see out the very back window, so the bar in between 2nd and 3rd windows becomes a big black bar. ditto the right side although not as bad. poor design here very disappointing.

2. Having no lumbar on the seats is TERRIBLE! I now have horrible looking aftermarket lumbar supports. The seats for me are too uncomfortable without lumbar support. I just can't believe this $80k car has no lumbar support. The jeep GC seats are even more comfortable!

3. The surround cameras are a waste. My friend has a volvo xc90 and that surround system is perfection. The 360 camera view is stellar, the camera view to what is reality is good and not that distorted. On the Velar, it's cumbersome to get to the camera screen, the cameras just don't look good, the 360 top view is not good. It's overall just disappointing. Single worst feature I thought would be good on whole car.

Although I love the car, those 3 negatives really drive me nuts most days in the car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I find the visibility ok for daily driving although I have a different complaint -- sometimes while turning through an intersection the A pillar and side mirror completely blocks my view because of the sloped windshield and I have to move my head a bit to see. It's just a bit annoying since I've never noticed doing this in any of my previous cars. I didn't notice it much during the test drive but after owning it a few months I realize I don't like the small windows. Yes it makes the car look cool but it's not my preference.

I have the lumbar support in my seats but I barely use it. I find the seats quite comfortable but I'm a pretty slender person with no back pain issues.

Agreed on the surround cameras in that they are too slow to invoke when parking. Also, sometimes you need to do some back and forth when parking perfectly and the overhead view disappears when put into reverse and since it's so small I don't know why it couldn't stay on the left of the screen and put the rear view beside it. The rear view would only be scaled slightly. Probably some technical or safety reason. Anyway I find the right camera to be very useful when parking to make sure I don't curb those nice wheels.

In general, I think the Velar is an excellent vehicle and looks fantastic. But ultimately I was used to more of an SUV with bigger windows, rear room and higher ride height so I ordered a Sport SVR (I also love V8's...) Will have the Velar for another 6 months. Enjoying my time with it for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts